    completely. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

    Regards

    SushiBoy

    SushiBoy, Dec 1, 2003

  2. SushiBoy

    Mcploppy © Guest

    SushiBoy bashed at the keyboard and said:
    > I'm using Windows XP home edition. I tried re-installing it....and
    > that worked great. Problem is..it didn't erase a whole lot from the
    > HD. I am finding that even after re-installing it....I only have
    > 11Gb of space available on my HD. Somehow 27Gb is still left on it.
    > I want to erase it completely. Can anyone point me in the right
    > direction please?
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > SushiBoy

    Have a look here: http://tinyurl.com/x69h you will find complete
    instructions on how to format, partition (if required) and how to install
    windows XP.

    Enjoy
    --
    McPloppy ©

    { Remove both MyShoes to email me }
    { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    { My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

    Mcploppy ©, Dec 1, 2003

  3. SushiBoy

    SushiBoy Guest

    ok...I've read thru the steps in "Windows XP clean install." My system is
    basically the same until about step 5. My computer seems to be partioned.
    30something Gigs on C..and then another 8Mb "unpartioned". Afterthat.....I
    don't get prompted to select a file system. So...I'm lost again. Sorry.

    SushiBoy, Dec 1, 2003
  4. SushiBoy

    Conor Guest

    In article <feCyb.41782$ZmO.41178
    @news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, says...
    > ok...I've read thru the steps in "Windows XP clean install." My system is
    > basically the same until about step 5. My computer seems to be partioned.
    > 30something Gigs on C..and then another 8Mb "unpartioned". Afterthat.....I
    > don't get prompted to select a file system. So...I'm lost again. Sorry.

    OK, what you did originally was install over the top of the original
    OS. What you need to do during installation is select the 30GB
    partition and delete it then re-create another. The 8MB unpartitioned
    part is for Windows XP to store data on the HDD parameters/layout.

    --
    Conor

    Hi. This is my friend, Jack Shit, and you don't know him.

    Conor, Dec 1, 2003
  5. SushiBoy

    SushiBoy Guest

    I believe I tried doing that...and it said that it didn't have enough room
    on the 8Mb partition to install it. ....I need it explained to me like I'm
    a 6 year-old I guess. I just don't have enough knowledge..

    SushiBoy, Dec 1, 2003
  6. SushiBoy

    SushiBoy Guest

    I tried deleting the 39Mb ...and it won't let me. It states that it has
    vital temporary files there in order to install XP. So then I tried to
    partition the "unpartioned" 8Mb..and it won't let me....it states that this
    "unpartioned" part is reserved for "partioning information for windows XP".
    *shrugs*

    SushiBoy, Dec 1, 2003
  7. SushiBoy

    Mcploppy © Guest

    SushiBoy bashed at the keyboard and said:
    > I tried deleting the 39Mb ...and it won't let me. It states that it
    > has vital temporary files there in order to install XP. So then I
    > tried to partition the "unpartioned" 8Mb..and it won't let me....it
    > states that this "unpartioned" part is reserved for "partioning
    > information for windows XP". *shrugs*

    <snip>

    You need to get rid of all partition areas on the drive.
    Download this document: http://tinyurl.com/x8ho
    It will give you the full instructions on how to use FDISK to delete all
    partition areas and then create new partitions to install Winxp to.

    Read the instructions carefully and you will succeed.........

    Mcploppy ©, Dec 1, 2003