    to accomplish. Per my previous thread, I was informed there is no MS-DOS
    mode in Windows XP Home. Since this is the case, does anyone now how I can
    format the hard drive and start from scratch with clean drive. Thanks.
    UnderDog, Jul 12, 2003

  2. UnderDog

    UnderDog Guest

    The XP setup disk does not give me the option to format. Thanks.

    "One Eye" <> wrote in message
    > UnderDog wrote:
    > > Hi, this is a continuation of my previous thread. Sorry for the
    > > second thread as I should have been more clear in the first as to
    > > what I was trying to accomplish. Per my previous thread, I was
    > > informed there is no MS-DOS mode in Windows XP Home. Since this is
    > > the case, does anyone now how I can format the hard drive and start
    > > from scratch with clean drive. Thanks.

    > Set your bios to boot from cd then run xp setup it will give you the

    option

    UnderDog, Jul 12, 2003

  3. UnderDog

    One Eye Guest

    It should do. Explain what you are doing

    UnderDog wrote:
    > The XP setup disk does not give me the option to format. Thanks.
    >

    > "One Eye" <> wrote in message
    >> UnderDog wrote:
    >>> Hi, this is a continuation of my previous thread. Sorry for the
    >>> second thread as I should have been more clear in the first as to
    >>> what I was trying to accomplish. Per my previous thread, I was
    >>> informed there is no MS-DOS mode in Windows XP Home. Since this is
    >>> the case, does anyone now how I can format the hard drive and start
    >>> from scratch with clean drive. Thanks.

    >> Set your bios to boot from cd then run xp setup it will give you the
    >> option to format your disk.
    >>

    >> ---

    ---
    One Eye, Jul 12, 2003
  4. UnderDog

    One Eye Guest

    go here ...http://www.buildeasypc.com/sw/windows_xp.htm

    UnderDog wrote:
    > The XP setup disk does not give me the option to format. Thanks.
    >

    > "One Eye" <> wrote in message
    >> UnderDog wrote:
    >>> Hi, this is a continuation of my previous thread. Sorry for the
    >>> second thread as I should have been more clear in the first as to
    >>> what I was trying to accomplish. Per my previous thread, I was
    >>> informed there is no MS-DOS mode in Windows XP Home. Since this is
    >>> the case, does anyone now how I can format the hard drive and start
    >>> from scratch with clean drive. Thanks.

    >> Set your bios to boot from cd then run xp setup it will give you the
    >> option to format your disk.
    >>

    >> ---

    ---
    One Eye, Jul 12, 2003
  5. UnderDog

    Shep© Guest

    Shep©, Jul 12, 2003
  6. Howdy!

    "UnderDog" <Knock.Knock@No_One.Is.Home> wrote in message
    > The XP setup disk does not give me the option to format. Thanks.

    Yes, it does. But ONLY after you've STARTED to install.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 13, 2003
  7. UnderDog

    Matt Guest