    I have changed the boot order but how to I get to the point at which i can
    format it

    thanks

    KarateKid, Aug 16, 2003

  2. KarateKid

    joni Guest

    Search for the format command (format.com) command and slap in on a boot
    disk
    which is bootable of course.
    First boot device needs to be drive A in your setup
    If you wanna format C drive type format c:/s/q/autotest this will
    do a quick wipe if not just format c:/s
    Make sure you do this at the a:\ prompt.

    Also you can use the windows recovery console. Type format/? for a list of
    commands

    "KarateKid" <> wrote in message
    > Please help, I am trying to format my drive using my XP Home Recovery

    Disk.

    joni, Aug 16, 2003