    formnatting CD does not have a 64 bit option, so I can not install the Win
    XP64.
    Where can I get a 64 bit disk formatter?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHIuZXZpbA==?=, Sep 28, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZHIuZXZpbA==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "dr.evil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just got a new 160Gb Hitachi HD for my 64 bit caapable AMD, but the disk
    > formnatting CD does not have a 64 bit option, so I can not install the Win
    > XP64.
    > Where can I get a 64 bit disk formatter?

    There is no "64 bit disk format". You probably need the 64 bit RAID driver
    (I am assuming you get an error about disk not found). Once you have the
    *64 BIT* RAID driver for your motherboard, you must hit F6 during the
    install when prompted to install the drivers from a floppy disk.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 28, 2005

  3. You lost me there a bit.
    When I ran the disk that came with the hard drive it only gave me the
    Before that if I tried to boot from the XP64 CD it went nowhere at all.
    After configuring the HD as NTFS and booting the XP64 CD, it gives me an
    error about some NTXXX file missing.
    I figured the disk wasn't formatted for 64-bit.

    What is raid? Isn’t it for running multiple HD as one? I'm not doing that.
    I just had a fresh HD I was setting up as a main HD.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHIuZXZpbA==?=, Sep 28, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?ZHIuZXZpbA==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    The Windows disc is bootable. You do not need to format the drive before
    booting off the disc.
    Boot with the CD in the drive...Delete the partition you created, and then
    let *THE CD* format the drive in NTFS and it will automatically load the OS.

    DO NOT use the disk that came with the hard drive. It is only for older
    computers that cannot see the full capacity of today's large hard drive.
    The disk overlay technology that it uses in not necessary with your new
    computer. You will have to wipe the disk using the Windows CD and let it
    format and install the drive.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 28, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?ZHIuZXZpbA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    During the install when it shows you the locations where you can install the
    system, you select your Hitachi HD and partition and format it then. You
    don't usually need to do anything earlier unless your BIOS doesn't see it.

    John Barnes, Oct 2, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?ZHIuZXZpbA==?=

    bean123

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Try freeware EASEUS Partition Manager 1.6.4 to format your partition. It can run on 64 bit.

    bean123, Sep 11, 2008