Formatting Hard Drive And Reinstalling Windows

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Edward Doyle, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Edward Doyle

    Edward Doyle Guest

    Hi There

    Could you please tell me if there is anywhere on the net that
    gives you a step by step guide on how to format your hard drive and
    reinstall windows xp pro.If you could tell me where I can find such
    information I would be more than grateful as there have been a few times
    where I have needed this done and to know how to do it myself would save
    time and money.

    Much Appreciated if you can help

    Eddie

    ---

    Edward Doyle, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Edward Doyle

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 04:35:17 +0000 (UTC), "Edward Doyle"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi There
    >
    > Could you please tell me if there is anywhere on the net that
    >gives you a step by step guide on how to format your hard drive and
    >reinstall windows xp pro.If you could tell me where I can find such
    >information I would be more than grateful as there have been a few times
    >where I have needed this done and to know how to do it myself would save
    >time and money.
    >
    > Much Appreciated if you can help
    >
    > Eddie

    HOW TO: Partition and Format a Hard Disk in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348

    Performing a Clean Install of Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/honeycutt/02october07.asp

    Unk, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Edward Doyle

    The Prophecy Guest

    Edward Doyle wrote:
    > Hi There
    >
    > Could you please tell me if there is anywhere on the
    > net that gives you a step by step guide on how to format your hard
    > drive and reinstall windows xp pro.If you could tell me where I can
    > find such information I would be more than grateful as there have
    > been a few times where I have needed this done and to know how to do
    > it myself would save time and money.
    >
    > Much Appreciated if you can help
    >
    > Eddie

    A great XP Pro install guide can be found at Black Viper's website:

    http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPPro/installxppro1.htm

    The Prophecy, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Edward Doyle

    Max Guest

    In article <cd2d61$bfu$>, Edward Doyle
    <> wrote:

    > Hi There
    >
    > Could you please tell me if there is anywhere on the net that
    > gives you a step by step guide on how to format your hard drive and
    > reinstall windows xp pro.If you could tell me where I can find such
    > information I would be more than grateful as there have been a few times
    > where I have needed this done and to know how to do it myself would save
    > time and money.

    Okay; but first, we gotta talk about backing up files.

    There are going to be things you want after you reinstall your OS and
    applications.

    Consider:

    text files
    e-mail addresses
    e-mail messages
    databases
    images
    movies and sounds
    music files
    added software and installers
    driver updates and installers
    settings for applications
    serial numbers, passwords and user identities
    saved games
    information, brochures, guides, articles

    Max, Jul 14, 2004
  5. Edward Doyle

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 04:35:17 +0000 (UTC), "Edward Doyle" <> wrote:

    >Hi There
    >
    > Could you please tell me if there is anywhere on the net that
    >gives you a step by step guide on how to format your hard drive and
    >reinstall windows xp pro.If you could tell me where I can find such
    >information I would be more than grateful as there have been a few times
    >where I have needed this done and to know how to do it myself would save
    >time and money.

    Set bios to boot from cd. Boot from XP cd. Follow on screen directions to delete
    and reinstate partitions.

    Easy!

    > Much Appreciated if you can help
    >
    > Eddie

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Edward Doyle

    Dave Guest

    you can get all this information off the microsoft site.Just search
    for Fdisk and all the solutions will be highlighted..

    Dave, Jul 15, 2004