    NEC 3520 DVD/RW

    After all these years I should be able to do this without
    a bit of trouble but----How do I format a DVD disc?

    coldiron, May 19, 2005

  2. coldiron

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "coldiron" <> wrote in message
    news:TKRie.30$Vp.19@fed1read01...
    > Win XP Pro
    > NEC 3520 DVD/RW
    >
    > After all these years I should be able to do this without
    > a bit of trouble but----How do I format a DVD disc?

    To do what? Typically, you use DVD/CD writing software to write files to the
    disc. There is no 'formatting' involved. If, however, you want to use a
    DVD/RW disc as a "big-ass floppy" then you need special software for that.
    What software came with your DVD writer?

    Toolman Tim, May 19, 2005

  3. coldiron

    antyne Guest

    Thank you "Toolman Tim" for your prompt and courteous response.
    I purchased this NEC 3520 as an OEM from NewEgg and therefore
    it had no software with it. I DL'd CD Burner XP Pro and while it is
    seemingly an excellent program I never could get around the idea that
    the DVD disc should be formatted which I could not do.
    You explained the situation to my satisfaction and I appreciate your
    help.
    It is your interest and help for posters such as I that set you far above
    most of the regulars. I put you in the same class as Mike (with the
    degree symbols) and Ron Martell - no smart ass remarks or mis-leading
    comments, just good, solid advice.

    antyne, May 19, 2005
  4. coldiron

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Oh - I get off the smart-ass remarks once in a while...after a particularly
    bad day and such <g>! We won't even go into what TODAY was like...grumble
    grump whine bitch complain...

    Anyway, glad I could help ;o)

    Toolman Tim, May 19, 2005
  5. coldiron

    simsim50

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    formatting +rw dvd

    Hello
    for people asking why formate dvd
    1 reason when using verbatim dvd+rw 4.7 gb for copy music with nero
    it shows at bottom 800mb ???
    what happened where did 3.9 gb disappear ?
    check it out

    simsim50, Jul 2, 2008