    When you have formatted do you get prompts afterwards to install your
    graphics card , sound card and the motherboard driver disk.

    ---

    Edward Doyle, Aug 4, 2004

  2. Edward Doyle

    Brian Guest

    "Edward Doyle" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > When you have formatted do you get prompts afterwards to install your
    > graphics card , sound card and the motherboard driver disk.
    >

    > ---

    no

    Brian, Aug 4, 2004

  3. Edward Doyle

    Timberwolf Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > "Edward Doyle" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > When you have formatted do you get prompts afterwards to install your
    > > graphics card , sound card and the motherboard driver disk.
    > >

    > > ---
    > >

    > no

    incorrect---windows has found new hardware---etc---if it can not be found on
    your windows disc it will ask you for help and directions on where it can be
    found (cd/dvd drive etc)
    let it do its bit then go to device manager and sort the problems out
    (graphics/sound/printers/scanners etal)

    Timberwolf, Aug 5, 2004
  4. Edward Doyle

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Timberwolf" <> wrote in message
    >| "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >| >
    >| > "Edward Doyle" <> schrieb im
    >| > Newsbeitrag news:cerk6v$52o$...

    >| > no
    >| >

    >| incorrect---windows has found new hardware---etc---if it can not be
    >| found on your windows disc it will ask you for help and directions
    >| on where it can be found (cd/dvd drive etc)
    >| let it do its bit then go to device manager and sort the problems out
    >| (graphics/sound/printers/scanners etal)

    Wrong twice. First, the OP didn't say anything about installing Windows. You
    merely assumed that. The computer will not prompt for drivers for hardware
    if there is no OS.

    Second, wrong again. Even if the OP *is* installing Windows, and Windows
    setup doesn't find the drivers during the install, it usually leaves them
    "disabled" in the device manager. Then the person installing has to either
    run the setup program for the specific device, or go to device manager and
    manually enable the device and install drivers.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Aug 5, 2004
  5. Edward Doyle

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >| "Timberwolf" <> wrote in message

    >| >|

    >| Wrong twice. First, the OP didn't say anything about installing
    >| Windows. You merely assumed that. The computer will not prompt for
    >| drivers for hardware if there is no OS.
    >|
    >| Second, wrong again. Even if the OP *is* installing Windows, and
    >| Windows setup doesn't find the drivers during the install, it
    >| usually leaves them "disabled" in the device manager. Then the
    >| person installing has to either run the setup program for the
    >| specific device, or go to device manager and manually enable the
    >| device and install drivers.

    Oops - my fault - I didn't read the whole subject line...of course, that
    info belonged IN the post, not outside of it <g>.

    But the rest still applies. If XP doesn't have a driver built in, it will
    not prompt after the install.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Aug 5, 2004
  6. Edward Doyle

    Allan Guest

    "Edward Doyle" <> wrote in message
    > When you have formatted do you get prompts afterwards to install your
    > graphics card , sound card and the motherboard driver disk.
    >

    > ---

    After you have installed go to Device Manager and check there if it has been
    installed OK
    If necessary remove anything with the yellow question mark then reboot; it
    should then say it has found new hardware and you can then install software

    Allan, Aug 5, 2004