    installed and is working great.
    But knowI have not been able to find out to create the second partition or
    drive.
    =?Utf-8?B?UiBTbWl0aA==?=, Jan 29, 2006

  2. The new hard drive is a 250 GB

    =?Utf-8?B?UiBTbWl0aA==?=, Jan 29, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UiBTbWl0aA==?=

    Guest Guest

    Use the manage console
    Right click "My Computer >Manage> in the console window on the left
    choose disk management.
    In the window on the right find the space representing the un-partitioned /
    unformatted
    area of your disk and right click to partition that partition or format as
    is.

    Guest, Jan 29, 2006
  4. Thanks Patrick, that worked great. So simple if you just know where to find it.
    Thanks again

    =?Utf-8?B?UiBTbWl0aA==?=, Jan 30, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UiBTbWl0aA==?=

    Guest Guest

    No Problem - happy to be of help.

    But I have a question, if I may?
    When you created the installation partition - what size did you decide on?

    Guest, Jan 30, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UiBTbWl0aA==?=

    Rick Guest

    You should have been able to use the entire 250GB if you wanted to
    during installation. You may need to change a setting in your BIOS. I
    have installed Win x64, and Win XP w/SP2, on 160GB and 250GB HDDs and
    was able to partition and use the entire drive during setup.

    Rick, Jan 30, 2006