    I need a utility that I can point to the drive to reverse my handywork
    (revert back to OSX)
    and get the OSX partition and hopefully the data back - any ideas?
    pspuser, Jan 22, 2008

  2. pspuser

    Guest

    Re: Formatted MAC OSX Partition using NTFS - Need to reverse that andget data files back... Can You Help?

    On Jan 22, 9:52 am, pspuser <> wrote:
    > Long story short, when trying to use BootCamp to load XP on a MBP, I
    > accidentally formatted the MAC OSX (latest version) partition (insert
    > snickers here).
    >
    > I need a utility that I can point to the drive to reverse my handywork
    > (revert back to OSX)
    > and get the OSX partition  and hopefully the data back -  any ideas?

    try to download the datarecovery software form the
    http://www.download32.com/mac-file-recovery-software-d35624.html it
    may work
    , Jan 22, 2008

  3. pspuser

    PeeCee Guest

    "pspuser" <> wrote in message
    > Long story short, when trying to use BootCamp to load XP on a MBP, I
    > accidentally formatted the MAC OSX (latest version) partition (insert
    > snickers here).
    >
    > I need a utility that I can point to the drive to reverse my handywork
    > (revert back to OSX)
    > and get the OSX partition and hopefully the data back - any ideas?

    Other than having an 'image' of your hard drive to hand it is highly
    unlikely you will find a way of reverting back to your previous OSX state.

    The second your attempt to load XP started to write files to the hard drive
    was the second your OSX files became unrecoverable.
    A data recovery utility may! be able to recover 'some' files but because the
    XP install (or any file write for that matter) overwrites the previous data
    it is highly likely any OSX files touched by the XP install will be severely
    corrupted if not completely blown away anyway.
    Mind you getting OSX back is not really a problem as all you have to do is
    boot of your OSX install disk and reinstall.

    If what you mean by 'data' on the other hand is your personal data files ie
    documents, emails, photo's etc then I think you may find you have learned
    the hardest lesson to learn with 'any' computer.

    Backup
    Backup
    Backup.

    Best with your endevours.
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Jan 22, 2008
  4. pspuser

    Mitch Guest

    Re: Formatted MAC OSX Partition using NTFS - Need to reverse that and get data files back... Can You Help?

    In article
    <>,
    pspuser <> wrote:

    > Long story short, when trying to use BootCamp to load XP on a MBP, I
    > accidentally formatted the MAC OSX (latest version) partition (insert
    > snickers here).
    >
    > I need a utility that I can point to the drive to reverse my handywork
    > (revert back to OSX)
    > and get the OSX partition and hopefully the data back - any ideas?

    I've only used Data Rescue II; because it worked.
    Mitch, Jan 22, 2008