    I don't want it to install this version as I have the manufacturers recovery disks, and want to install it after a totally wiping out of the hard drive C particion. It has a damaged recovery version there that I cant' get into ... so I want to start off with a totally clean hard drive.

    How can I do this ... without losing my cd boot ability of course.

    Thanks

    doonboggle, Nov 9, 2006

  2. doonboggle

    cellaman

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    cellaman, Nov 25, 2006

  3. doonboggle

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Another option is recovery console, it is accesable via the install disk in boot, and then one of the first pages before the install (at the install like screen)

    It acts like DOS with simalair commands.

    unholy, Nov 26, 2006
  4. doonboggle

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You could also get a USB floppy drive, but first make sure you can boot from it by getting into the BIOS to list removeable drives above the hard drive in boot priority. Test it by trying to boot from the floppy USB drive before you even start formatting the hard driive.

    bigal, Nov 28, 2006