    I'd love to have both brands of cards work in both cameras.

    Thanks for all the great help I receive here,
    Dave

    Dave, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Dave

    zog Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 04:04:57 +0000, Dave wrote:

    > Do I have to format these SanDisk cards with the Nikon camera? Thus
    > losing my INF file?
    >
    > I'd love to have both brands of cards work in both cameras.

    nope, the camera will just creat a directory to store the pictures in, the
    CF card I have works fine with both the Kodak 4800 and this new Minolta
    A1, there will a directory called "dcim" (digital camera image?), inside
    that the Kodak makes a directory called 100K4800 while the A1s default
    directory is 101mlt16, a no-name camera I tried out makes uses 100cnxnt
    and a friends Canon S20 uses a different name again for its directory, so
    you should find the Nikon will make its own directory to store its
    pictures

    so you can use the same card in different cameras without needing to worry
    losing files.

    you should only have to format the card as a last resort, just use delete
    to remove any pictures(after you have saved them to your harddrive/cdr)
    to make room for new pictures

    zog, Mar 6, 2004