    then be viewed using a normal DVD player?

    TIA
    John
    Johnny, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Johnny

    Mrs Trellis Guest

    one format is vob.

    You make an image then you burn that image onto your blank dvdr/dvdrw

    e.g. take an avi file - convert it to vob and then burn it.

    Mrs T.

    Mrs Trellis, Feb 23, 2006

  3. "Johnny" <> wrote in message
    > What format does a movie file need to be to burn onto a DVD so that it can
    > then be viewed using a normal DVD player?
    >
    > TIA
    > John

    If you are new to it and want to convert AVI's (xvid/divx) to dvd that you
    have downloaded why not use this tool rather than the steep learning curve
    the hard way offers ;-) (and I am guessing thats what you want to do but
    feel free to elaborate)

    http://www.winavi.com/en/video-converter/video-converter.htm

    Once you have converted your avi to dvd using the above you will be left
    with a folder containing an empty 'audio' folder and a 'video' folder (that
    will have several files within it). Fire up nero, select dvd video and drag
    the contents of the newly created 'Video' folder into the projects 'Video'
    folder and burn.
    Flunkett Clogwheel, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Johnny

    Shep© Guest