    Hidden. or is there another program that will do it.
    I dont want to reinstall XP, all I want is a Formatted Drive for storage.
    Cheers and Ta

    Ockerr, Jan 5, 2006

  2. Ockerr

    old man Guest

    Assuming you have winxp format in Disk Management
    If you are trying to format your winxp drive, boot from winxp cd and format
    there.

    old man, Jan 5, 2006

  3. Ockerr

    donleo Guest

    you have to format non FAT32 drive windows xp isnt fat32 it is ntfs .. it
    can be done with ur windows 98 disk

    donleo, Jan 6, 2006
  4. Ockerr

    Chas Guest

    "Ockerr" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys
    > Tried Formatting a hard Drive that has had Win XP on it using a windows 98
    > Format disk, But it wont format as it is a different operating system. I
    > cant find Format.exe or Format.com in any folder of XP so where is it
    > Hidden. or is there another program that will do it.
    > I dont want to reinstall XP, all I want is a Formatted Drive for storage.
    > Cheers and Ta

    Hi
    In My Computer Right Click The Drive you want to format
    and choose" format "

    Chas

    Chas, Jan 6, 2006
  5. Ockerr

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:Waivf.12791$,
    Ockerr spewed forth:
    > Hi Guys
    > Tried Formatting a hard Drive that has had Win XP on it using a
    > windows 98 Format disk, But it wont format as it is a different
    > operating system. I cant find Format.exe or Format.com in any folder
    > of XP so where is it Hidden. or is there another program that will do
    > it. I dont want to reinstall XP, all I want is a Formatted Drive for
    > storage. Cheers and Ta

    Are you planning on using that drive with Windows 98? If so, you have to
    (with XP disk management, I think) reformat as FAT32. If you are running XP
    and that's all you will be using the drive with, then format it as NTFS with
    XP disk management. Here's the scoop from MS:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309000

    Toolman Tim, Jan 6, 2006
  6. Ockerr

    Donald Guest

    Its called format.com

    Donald, Jan 6, 2006
  7. Ockerr

    Donald Guest

    You cannot format a drive like C: while in use Chas

    Donald, Jan 6, 2006
  8. Ockerr

    Ockerr Guest

    Thanks Guys
    Your info has done the Job.

    Cheers

    Ockerr, Jan 6, 2006
  9. Ockerr

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:05:07 -0500, donleo wrote:

    > you have to format non FAT32 drive windows xp isnt fat32 it is ntfs

    Not neccesarily - XP uses both FAT32 and NTFS

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.10

    Gordon, Jan 6, 2006