    Any help is appreciated.

    BG

    , Jan 14, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > On most of the websites I visit, the formatting is fine with my
    > current font settings.
    >
    > But, on about 30 % of the sites I visit, chat and help forums, etc.,
    > half the page is off the screen, and I can't figure how to fix it. I
    > usually just highlight the article, paste to wordpad, and set the font
    > size so I can read it. But, that gets old, since my mouse wheel does
    > not scroll down a page on wordpad anymore.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what settings I should change, so that all pages
    > will fit my screen?
    >
    > My browsers are Mozilla 1.7.3 and Netscape 7.0
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > BG

    Before we go any further, I strongly suggest that you update your
    browsers. Mozilla is at 1.7.12, with many security updates. The update
    will probably not cure your problem, though you never know, but it will
    make you more secure.

    Try CTRL - to decrease the font size and see how that affects the display.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 15, 2006

  3. default Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 04:36:54 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> On most of the websites I visit, the formatting is fine with my
    >> current font settings.
    >>
    >> But, on about 30 % of the sites I visit, chat and help forums, etc.,
    >> half the page is off the screen, and I can't figure how to fix it. I
    >> usually just highlight the article, paste to wordpad, and set the font
    >> size so I can read it. But, that gets old, since my mouse wheel does
    >> not scroll down a page on wordpad anymore.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me what settings I should change, so that all pages
    >> will fit my screen?
    >>
    >> My browsers are Mozilla 1.7.3 and Netscape 7.0
    >>
    >> Any help is appreciated.
    >>
    >> BG

    >Before we go any further, I strongly suggest that you update your
    >browsers. Mozilla is at 1.7.12, with many security updates. The update
    >will probably not cure your problem, though you never know, but it will
    >make you more secure.
    >
    >Try CTRL - to decrease the font size and see how that affects the display.
    >
    >Lee

    I downloaded Moz yesterday and found it chokes on some sites that use
    style sheets (that FF renders correctly). I only DL'd it because I
    needed the Composer feature, but figured since it was running, I would
    check the TV schedule - it doesn't like that Yahoo site or perhaps it
    imported some setting from an old installation of Netscape 4.7 . . .
    haven't had time to fool with it yet. (it did find bookmarks from
    4.7)

    default, Jan 16, 2006
  4. default wrote:
    > On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 04:36:54 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> On most of the websites I visit, the formatting is fine with my
    >>> current font settings.
    >>>
    >>> But, on about 30 % of the sites I visit, chat and help forums, etc.,
    >>> half the page is off the screen, and I can't figure how to fix it. I
    >>> usually just highlight the article, paste to wordpad, and set the font
    >>> size so I can read it. But, that gets old, since my mouse wheel does
    >>> not scroll down a page on wordpad anymore.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone tell me what settings I should change, so that all pages
    >>> will fit my screen?
    >>>
    >>> My browsers are Mozilla 1.7.3 and Netscape 7.0
    >>>
    >>> Any help is appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> BG

    >> Before we go any further, I strongly suggest that you update your
    >> browsers. Mozilla is at 1.7.12, with many security updates. The update
    >> will probably not cure your problem, though you never know, but it will
    >> make you more secure.
    >>
    >> Try CTRL - to decrease the font size and see how that affects the display.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > I downloaded Moz yesterday and found it chokes on some sites that use
    > style sheets (that FF renders correctly). I only DL'd it because I
    > needed the Composer feature, but figured since it was running, I would
    > check the TV schedule - it doesn't like that Yahoo site or perhaps it
    > imported some setting from an old installation of Netscape 4.7 . . .
    > haven't had time to fool with it yet. (it did find bookmarks from
    > 4.7)

    Could you post some examples of sites that are rendering differently in
    Mozilla 1.7.12, as opposed to Firefox. It can happen, but its pretty rare.

    If by yahoo TV listings, you refer to a my.yahoo personalized page, mine
    is identical in 1.7.12 and FF 1.5.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 16, 2006
  5. default Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:33:03 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >Could you post some examples of sites that are rendering differently in
    >Mozilla 1.7.12, as opposed to Firefox. It can happen, but its pretty rare.
    >
    >If by yahoo TV listings, you refer to a my.yahoo personalized page, mine
    >is identical in 1.7.12 and FF 1.5.

    http://tv.yahoo.com/grid/?lineup=us_NC32473&.hier=us_NC32473

    This page renders "correctly" in FF and not in Moz. It looks similar
    to FF when style sheets are disabled

    BUT with FF (no styles) it uses center justification with the text in
    a single column, in Moz it shows left justification in a single
    column.

    With "basic page style" it shows rows and columns (like it has since
    1999 and Netscape 4.7) so I'm assuming that's how it should look.

    default, Jan 16, 2006
  6. gwtc Guest

    default wrote:

    > On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:33:03 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Could you post some examples of sites that are rendering differently in
    >>Mozilla 1.7.12, as opposed to Firefox. It can happen, but its pretty rare.
    >>
    >>If by yahoo TV listings, you refer to a my.yahoo personalized page, mine
    >>is identical in 1.7.12 and FF 1.5.

    > http://tv.yahoo.com/grid/?lineup=us_NC32473&.hier=us_NC32473
    >

    > This page renders "correctly" in FF and not in Moz. It looks similar
    > to FF when style sheets are disabled
    >
    > BUT with FF (no styles) it uses center justification with the text in
    > a single column, in Moz it shows left justification in a single
    > column.
    >
    > With "basic page style" it shows rows and columns (like it has since
    > 1999 and Netscape 4.7) so I'm assuming that's how it should look.

    it looks the same to me in Moz 1.7.12, FF 1.5 and 1.0.7, Opera 8.51,
    and IE 6.x

    gwtc, Jan 17, 2006
  7. gwtc wrote:
    > default wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:33:03 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Could you post some examples of sites that are rendering differently
    >>> in Mozilla 1.7.12, as opposed to Firefox. It can happen, but its
    >>> pretty rare.
    >>>
    >>> If by yahoo TV listings, you refer to a my.yahoo personalized page,
    >>> mine is identical in 1.7.12 and FF 1.5.

    >> http://tv.yahoo.com/grid/?lineup=us_NC32473&.hier=us_NC32473
    >>

    >> This page renders "correctly" in FF and not in Moz. It looks similar
    >> to FF when style sheets are disabled
    >> BUT with FF (no styles) it uses center justification with the text in
    >> a single column, in Moz it shows left justification in a single
    >> column.
    >>
    >> With "basic page style" it shows rows and columns (like it has since
    >> 1999 and Netscape 4.7) so I'm assuming that's how it should look.

    > it looks the same to me in Moz 1.7.12, FF 1.5 and 1.0.7, Opera 8.51, and
    > IE 6.x

    I'm on a new Linux box right now, only FF 1.0.7 and Moz 1.7.12
    installed, but they look identical from here. I'll chck some other
    browsers when I get back on my Mac, but looks like something about your
    Mozilla setup.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 17, 2006
  8. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> default wrote:

    >>> http://tv.yahoo.com/grid/?lineup=us_NC32473&.hier=us_NC32473
    >>>

    >>> This page renders "correctly" in FF and not in Moz. It looks similar
    >>> to FF when style sheets are disabled
    >>> BUT with FF (no styles) it uses center justification with the text in
    >>> a single column, in Moz it shows left justification in a single
    >>> column.
    >>>
    >>> With "basic page style" it shows rows and columns (like it has since
    >>> 1999 and Netscape 4.7) so I'm assuming that's how it should look.

    >> it looks the same to me in Moz 1.7.12, FF 1.5 and 1.0.7, Opera 8.51,
    >> and IE 6.x

    > I'm on a new Linux box right now, only FF 1.0.7 and Moz 1.7.12
    > installed, but they look identical from here. I'll chck some other
    > browsers when I get back on my Mac, but looks like something about your
    > Mozilla setup.
    >
    > Lee

    On Mac OSX, the page appears the same in FF 1.5, Moz 1.7.12, Safari, and
    Opera 8.

    Combined with gw's Windows observation, it would appear that the problem
    is in your Moz settings somewhere.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 17, 2006