    Any ideas of what the file is & how to format.
    Thanks

    ---

    Jerry, May 2, 2004

  2. Jerry

    Brandy Guest

    I think you should try to do a repair first. If you put the WinXP cd in and
    let it run, you will be presented with an option to do a repair.
    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Have just installed xp pro onto a brand new 80Gb drive, during

    installation

    Brandy, May 2, 2004

  3. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Hi,
    Tried to do a repair & now it is totally messed up.
    I think i am going to have to format, so my original question still stands -
    how do you do a format ?
    "Brandy" <> wrote in message
    > I think you should try to do a repair first. If you put the WinXP cd in

    and
    > let it run, you will be presented with an option to do a repair.
    > "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > Have just installed xp pro onto a brand new 80Gb drive, during

    > installation
    > > a warning came up regarding a problem with a file called mfc40u.dll. I
    > > continued installation but i do now have a few problems. I need to

    format
    > > and re-install but i'm not too sure of the best / easyist way to do

    this.
    > > Any ideas of what the file is & how to format.
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > > ---

    ---

    Jerry, May 2, 2004
  4. Jerry

    Thor Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Tried to do a repair & now it is totally messed up.
    > I think i am going to have to format, so my original question still

    stands -
    > how do you do a format ?

    Boot to the WinXP cd, and choose to do a new install, and it should give you
    the option of formatting the drive.

    Thor, May 2, 2004
  5. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Hi,
    Done it !!
    All ok, many thanks for your help.

    Jerry, May 3, 2004
  6. Jerry

    Mc_crisse Guest

    The anser on your question...
    You must see that your bios first try to boot from cd,
    you must do that in the bios-configuration.
    Than you put your cd in the cd-drive and than
    you follow the instructions on the screen.

    greetz, Mc_crisse

    Mc_crisse, May 6, 2004