    Is the a way you can format a hard drive running windows 95 without the
    a floppy drive.
    Frank

    frank, Mar 25, 2005

  2. frank

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "frank" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is the a way you can format a hard drive running windows 95 without the
    > a floppy drive.
    > Frank

    Sure. But do you really want to? Are you planning on putting something back
    on the hard drive? If so, what? And how?

    Toolman Tim, Mar 25, 2005

  3. frank

    frank Guest

    In article <8k_0e.9115$>,
    lid says...

    > "frank" <> wrote in message
    > > Is the a way you can format a hard drive running windows 95 without the
    > > a floppy drive.
    > > Frank

    > Sure. But do you really want to? Are you planning on putting something back
    > on the hard drive? If so, what? And how?

    I realy want to I want to reinstall windows 95.

    frank, Mar 25, 2005
  4. frank

    carson Guest

    "frank" <> wrote in message
    > Is the a way you can format a hard drive running windows 95 without the
    > a floppy drive.
    > Frank

    I used the info from here last time I needed to format
    http://www.computerhope.com/formathl.htm
    worked very well

    carson, Mar 25, 2005
  5. frank

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "frank" <> wrote in message
    > In article <8k_0e.9115$>,
    > lid says...
    >>
    >> "frank" <> wrote in message
    >> > Is the a way you can format a hard drive running windows 95 without the
    >> > a floppy drive.
    >> > Frank

    >> Sure. But do you really want to? Are you planning on putting something
    >> back
    >> on the hard drive? If so, what? And how?
    >>

    > I realy want to I want to reinstall windows 95.

    How do you want to do that? Does your Windows 95 setup CD boot? Or do you
    have a 'restore' type CD? You don't want to format your hard drive until you
    have prepared yourself to reinstall, and tested it to make sure it works.

    Do you have no floppy drive in the computer? If so, most Windows 95 discs do
    not boot and require booting from a floppy disk to run the setup program.

    Please post more information about what you are working with here...

    Toolman Tim, Mar 25, 2005
  6. frank

    frank Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > "frank" <> wrote in message
    > > Is the a way you can format a hard drive running windows 95 without the
    > > a floppy drive.
    > > Frank

    > I used the info from here last time I needed to format
    > http://www.computerhope.com/formathl.htm
    > worked very well

    Thanks I will give that a try.

    frank, Mar 25, 2005
  7. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > How do you want to do that? Does your Windows 95 setup CD boot?

    I don't think so, unless it's custom made.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 25, 2005
  8. frank wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >>"frank" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Is the a way you can format a hard drive running windows 95 without the
    >>>a floppy drive.
    >>>Frank

    >>I used the info from here last time I needed to format
    >>http://www.computerhope.com/formathl.htm
    >>worked very well
    >>

    > Thanks I will give that a try.

    Unless you have some other way to boot, it'd be a good idea to use the
    /s switch on format so you can at least start the computer again.

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 25, 2005
  9. frank

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> How do you want to do that? Does your Windows 95 setup CD boot?

    > I don't think so, unless it's custom made.

    Exactly. Some 'restore' cds will boot, but some of the hardware of that era
    didn't boot from CD anyway. I hope Frank is getting his 'ducks in a row'
    before erasing the hard drive.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 25, 2005
  10. frank wrote:
    > Is the a way you can format a hard drive running windows 95 without the
    > a floppy drive.
    > Frank

    Considering floppy drives are as cheap as chips (no pun intended), why
    don't you buy one?

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 25, 2005
  11. frank

    Tricia Guest

    "frank" <> wrote in message
    > Is the a way you can format a hard drive running windows 95 without the
    > a floppy drive.
    > Frank

    Yes, boot the computer in DOS and type format c:/s

    Tricia, Mar 25, 2005