    anyone know what is this error and if i can solve without format?

    thanks

    Francesco
    Francesco Lugari Q&S, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Francesco Lugari Q&S

    Scooby Guest

    "Francesco Lugari Q&S" <> wrote in message
    > Hi anyone,
    >
    > I have a 3725 router,
    >
    > I've uploaded new IOS but with errors.
    >
    > now i can't remove IOS from flash, the error is %Error deleting
    > flash:c3725-is-mz.122-15.T14.bin (Cluster chain broken on file)
    > now i think that i must format flash, but i can't shutdown router.
    >
    > it is possible to format flash without stop services?
    >
    > anyone know what is this error and if i can solve without format?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Francesco

    I don't think there would be a problem with this. When you tftp a file in
    and select the erase option, it seems like that is what it is really doing
    anyway, rather than just deleting files. You can try this option and see if
    it will get rid of your file while copying the new one. I use this option
    all the time to erase the flash and copy a new IOS file up.

    Hope that helps,

    Jim
    Scooby, Sep 15, 2004

  3. Francesco Lugari Q&S

    micke Guest

    yes you can do this during normal system operation, this is the
    prefered way.
    so remember dont shut the system down withou a vailid code unless you
    are forced to replace some hardware. Its a lot more tricky to get it
    up from rom monitor

    /micke

    micke, Sep 15, 2004
  4. Francesco Lugari Q&S

    Ben Guest

    small disclaimer: you can do this on run from RAM platforms, NOT from run
    from flash platforms.

    Ben, Sep 21, 2004