    Have a Cyberhome 1600, will no longer format dvd's, stops at 98%. Any way to
    format the DVD's on a PC to use on the Cyberhome? (Both DVD+R and DVD+RW).
    Thanks much.

    DK1000, Nov 8, 2006

  2. DK1000

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    DK1000 <> wrote:
    >Have a Cyberhome 1600, will no longer format dvd's, stops at 98%. Any way to
    >format the DVD's on a PC to use on the Cyberhome? (Both DVD+R and DVD+RW).
    >Thanks much.

    Have you tried opening the unit and cleaning the lens on the DVD drive?
    It's pretty accessible inside the Cyberhome units.

    I suspect the formatting operation lays down the directory structure and
    alocates area for the temporary table of contents. Without knowing its
    structure, it'd be difficult to duplicate that on a PC ... but if you did
    have a Cyberhome-formatted disc with no data on it, you might be able to
    duplicate that on a PC.

    For what its worth ... if you haven't changed media to something of poorer
    quality or not compatible Cyberhome's drive ... consistent failure to
    format is likely to be a symptom of impending failure. Even of you feed it
    a formatted disc, it'd be more likely that it would fail during recording
    - or worse - during finalization.

    Mike S., Nov 8, 2006

  3. (Mike S.) wrote:

    > ... if you haven't changed media to something of poorer
    >quality or not compatible Cyberhome's drive ...

    Exactly what I was going to say. When I was using this model, there were
    some brands that it just did not like and it would freeze during the
    formatting process.

    in your PC.

    Kimba W. Lion, Nov 8, 2006
  4. DK1000

    DK1000 Guest

    Thanks for the replies, I actually posted this for my neighbor. She said the
    brand was consistent, worked then didn't work. Maybe I'll try one on my PC,
    as she doesn't have one.

    DK1000, Nov 19, 2006