    I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
    remember the ip I set on it..

    Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

    nova, Nov 28, 2004

  2. "nova" <> wrote in message news:41a966a4_1@127.0.0.1...
    > I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
    > I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
    > remember the ip I set on it..
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

    Hypnosis ? ;-)
    --
    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi

    Southern Kiwi, Nov 28, 2004

  3. nova wrote:
    > I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
    > I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
    > remember the ip I set on it..
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

    Get an IP address scanner and scan the whole IP address range concerned.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 28, 2004
  4. nova

    Alex Axolotl Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > nova wrote:
    >
    >> I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
    >> I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
    >> remember the ip I set on it..
    >>
    >> Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

    > Get an IP address scanner and scan the whole IP address range concerned.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    Good idea
    AngryIP http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/ is a good choice.

    Alex Axolotl, Nov 28, 2004
  5. nova

    Italian Jobs Guest

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:53:11 +1300, Alex Axolotl <>
    wrote:

    >Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    >
    >> nova wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
    >>> I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
    >>> remember the ip I set on it..
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

    >> Get an IP address scanner and scan the whole IP address range concerned.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Nicholas Sherlock

    >Good idea
    >AngryIP http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/ is a good choice.

    Nice

    TY

    Italian Jobs, Nov 28, 2004
  6. nova

    E. Guest

    nova wrote:
    > I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
    > I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
    > remember the ip I set on it..
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

    Do a tracert thru it.
    E.

    E., Nov 28, 2004
  7. nova

    Dorado Guest

    nova wrote:
    > I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
    > I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
    > remember the ip I set on it..
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

    was the IP assigned using DHCP? if so your DHCP server should have a list of
    all assigned IP address, you can try them one at a time.

    Also my Wireless AP came with a little utility which you can run from any PC
    on the network. It discovers the IP address of the AP for you (using the MAC
    address I believe)

    Dorado, Nov 28, 2004