Forgotten Classic: Robinson Crusoe on Mars!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jordan, Sep 20, 2007.

  1. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    It took a bit of doing, but I was able to turn up the new edition of
    Robinson Crusoe on Mars. It's pricey at $30, but it's one of those
    flicks that I always saw as a kid when I was home sick or as a college
    kid pulling an all nighter... It's the home video equivalent of
    comfort food.

    It's 3:00 AM... I should be going to sleep... oh, wait, Robinson
    Crusoe on Mars is on...

    This is a Criterion version (#404 so if you're having a hard time
    finding it...) and it does seem to recycle some of the extra material
    from the old LD version.

    2.35:1 ratio
    New, restored transfer (I'm not sure about this, I noticed some hairs
    and scratches)
    Audio commentary (including both of the main actors and snips from a
    1979 interview with the director)
    Excepts from the original screenplay
    Destination: Mars - A new documentary
    Music video (long story - The actor who played Friday wrote a song for
    conventions, this is a video for it.)
    Still gallery
    Theatrical trailer
    Booklet