    wiping the HD and reinstalling? How about the product key? Thanks.
    --
    WTM

    =?Utf-8?B?QnViYmE=?=, Oct 27, 2007

  2. If that's the only account you created, then your best solution is to do a
    "repair install", IMHO. Google "repair install windows xp" and the first hit
    will be Michael Stevens site. Follow the instructions there. Part of that
    process will include setting the administrator password. And it should keep
    your current settings and drivers.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 27, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QnViYmE=?=

    EhlersT Guest

    Bubba wrote:
    > I built a HTPC with XP Pro x64 Edition as thge OS. I had problems finding
    > Internet Security software and a wireless card. BitDefender had a beta
    > version and Abit had a PCI-E card. I had to find an antenna with a longer
    > lead. It took a while to locate one. I did not write down my Administrator
    > password so now I cannot get on the PC. Is there anything I can do short of
    > wiping the HD and reinstalling? How about the product key? Thanks.

    Dont repair install

    Use the offline NT Password Registry editor

    Just blank out your admin passwords

    http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

    EhlersT, Oct 30, 2007