    newsguy67 Guest

    Anyone know of any freeware program to unlock an MS Word document. I forgot
    my password as it's been awhile since I used this doc. Thanks.
    newsguy67, Nov 24, 2004

  2. newsguy67

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "newsguy67" <SNIPPED> wrote in message
    news:...
    | Anyone know of any freeware program to unlock an MS Word document. I
    forgot
    | my password as it's been awhile since I used this doc. Thanks.

    Last comment I got from a MS guy, you're screwed. But you might try these:
    http://www.intertek.org.uk/downloads/word.html
    http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/Password_Recovery/Review_05588_index.html
    http://www.intelore.com/word_password_recovery.php

    Many more can be found by searching at Google for "Free password recovery
    for word documents"

    And since you're here, look at these:

    Email Address Munging
    WHY: http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    HOW: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    MORE: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/
    I'd suggest you simply add a ".invalid" to the end of your email address
    where it's listed in your account settings. In Outlook Express, click on
    Tools, Accounts, then the News Tab. Select your news server, then click on
    Properties. On the General tab, go to the Email address and add the .invalid
    at the end of the address. Simple. Done. Unless your news server demands a
    legitimate email address, and even then, there are ways around that.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 24, 2004

  3. newsguy67

    newsguy67 Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "newsguy67" <SNIPPED> wrote in message
    > | Anyone know of any freeware program to unlock an MS Word document. I
    > forgot
    > | my password as it's been awhile since I used this doc. Thanks.
    >
    > Last comment I got from a MS guy, you're screwed. But you might try these:
    > http://www.intertek.org.uk/downloads/word.html

    http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/Password_Recovery/Review_05588_index.html
    > http://www.intelore.com/word_password_recovery.php
    >
    > Many more can be found by searching at Google for "Free password recovery
    > for word documents"
    >
    > And since you're here, look at these:
    >
    > Email Address Munging
    > WHY: http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    > HOW: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    > MORE: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/
    > I'd suggest you simply add a ".invalid" to the end of your email address
    > where it's listed in your account settings. In Outlook Express, click on
    > Tools, Accounts, then the News Tab. Select your news server, then click on
    > Properties. On the General tab, go to the Email address and add the

    ..invalid
    > at the end of the address. Simple. Done. Unless your news server demands a
    > legitimate email address, and even then, there are ways around that.

    Thanks for the links. I'll give it a shot. As for the email address
    thingy, I only use this account for newsgroups and the reply address is not
    correct so no spam for me. Cheers.
    newsguy67, Nov 24, 2004
  4. newsguy67

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "newsguy67" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "newsguy67" <SNIPPED> wrote in message
    >> | Anyone know of any freeware program to unlock an MS Word document. I
    >> forgot
    >> | my password as it's been awhile since I used this doc. Thanks.
    >>
    >> Last comment I got from a MS guy, you're screwed. But you might try
    >> these:
    >> http://www.intertek.org.uk/downloads/word.html
    >>

    > http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/Password_Recovery/Review_05588_index.html
    >> http://www.intelore.com/word_password_recovery.php
    >>
    >> Many more can be found by searching at Google for "Free password recovery
    >> for word documents"
    >>
    >> And since you're here, look at these:
    >>
    >> Email Address Munging
    >> WHY: http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    >> HOW: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    >> MORE: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/
    >> I'd suggest you simply add a ".invalid" to the end of your email address
    >> where it's listed in your account settings. In Outlook Express, click on
    >> Tools, Accounts, then the News Tab. Select your news server, then click
    >> on
    >> Properties. On the General tab, go to the Email address and add the

    > .invalid
    >> at the end of the address. Simple. Done. Unless your news server demands
    >> legitimate email address, and even then, there are ways around that.

    > Thanks for the links. I'll give it a shot. As for the email address
    > thingy, I only use this account for newsgroups and the reply address is
    > not
    > correct so no spam for me. Cheers.

    Well, the "no spam" is only part of the problem. I really doubt your ISP (or
    whoever rogers.com is) wants all that spam coming in to their email servers
    with no place to go. It's still a good idea to add the .invalid to the end
    of whatever email address you use in the newsgroups.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 24, 2004
  5. newsguy67

    > "newsguy67" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "newsguy67" <SNIPPED> wrote in message
    > >> forgot
    > >>
    > >> Last comment I got from a MS guy, you're screwed. But you might try
    > >> these:
    > >> http://www.intertek.org.uk/downloads/word.html

    http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/Password_Recovery/Review_05588_index.html
    > >> http://www.intelore.com/word_password_recovery.php
    > >>
    > >> Many more can be found by searching at Google for "Free password

    recovery
    > >> for word documents"
    > >>
    > >> And since you're here, look at these:
    > >>
    > >> Email Address Munging
    > >> WHY: http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    > >> HOW: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    > >> MORE: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/
    > >> I'd suggest you simply add a ".invalid" to the end of your email

    address
    > >> where it's listed in your account settings. In Outlook Express, click

    on
    > >> Tools, Accounts, then the News Tab. Select your news server, then click
    > >> on
    > >> Properties. On the General tab, go to the Email address and add the

    > > .invalid
    > >> at the end of the address. Simple. Done. Unless your news server

    demands
    > >> legitimate email address, and even then, there are ways around that.

    > > Thanks for the links. I'll give it a shot. As for the email address
    > > thingy, I only use this account for newsgroups and the reply address is
    > > not
    > > correct so no spam for me. Cheers.
    > >

    > Well, the "no spam" is only part of the problem. I really doubt your ISP

    (or
    > whoever rogers.com is) wants all that spam coming in to their email

    servers
    > with no place to go. It's still a good idea to add the .invalid to the end
    > of whatever email address you use in the newsgroups.

    OK....done.
    newsguy67, Nov 24, 2004
  6. newsguy67

    bamedeo

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Just Save it As a Template

    Save the protected document as a template. Open the template and the protection will be gone, save it again as a document. You are done!!!
    bamedeo, Nov 2, 2011
  7. newsguy67

    kristinbennett1911

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,
    yes you can try Office password recovery software to recover or reset Ms word document.
    I have tried this software this is best one software to recover password and this software available free download on the net.:D
    kristinbennett1911, Feb 16, 2012