Forgot my password

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rachael Tarrer, Oct 7, 2003.

  1. I cannot retrieve my e-mails. I forgot my password.
    Rachael Tarrer, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Rachael  Tarrer

    Harrison Guest

    You need to call your Internet Service Provider.

    Also, it is wise to not use your real e-mail address in Usenet as
    spammers are always harvesting here.

    Harrison, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Rachael  Tarrer

    bb3 Guest

    http://www.adelphia.net/contact_us/
    bb3, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Rachael  Tarrer

    Bill Guest

    I like to keep my real address available without the
    for my regular email compositions.. however,
    I hear what you are saying about USENET.

    I'm using OE6.0.. so, Dumb question.. but how do you change your email
    address for USENET only???

    Thank you, Bill

    Bill, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Rachael  Tarrer

    Harrison Guest

    Someone else will have to take that one. I use Forte Agent for Usenet.

    Harrison, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Rachael  Tarrer

    Trent C Guest

    Tools - Accounts - News tab.

    Trent C, Oct 7, 2003
  7. Rachael  Tarrer

    Patrick Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > I like to keep my real address available without the
    > for my regular email compositions..
    > however, I hear what you are saying about USENET.
    >
    > I'm using OE6.0.. so, Dumb question.. but how do you change your email
    > address for USENET only???
    >
    > Thank you, Bill

    'Tools' menu
    Click 'Accounts' option
    Select 'News' tab
    Select which account (may only be one)
    Click 'Properties' button
    Alter 'E-mail address:' (eg lid)

    Patrick, Oct 7, 2003
  8. Rachael  Tarrer

    Bobby Tupper Guest

    Bobby Tupper, Oct 7, 2003
  9. Rachael  Tarrer

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rachael Tarrer continued:

    > I cannot retrieve my e-mails. I forgot my password.

    I never knew it so I'm not as upset as you are.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 7, 2003
  10. Rachael Tarrer wrote:
    > I cannot retrieve my e-mails. I forgot my password.

    Then you won't mind the spam that is sent to
    Sir Horatio William Bernhart Wagglesworth III, Esq, Oct 8, 2003
  11. Rachael  Tarrer

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "Rachael Tarrer" <> wrote in news:FgBgb.69192$qj6.2437853
    @news1.news.adelphia.net:

    > I cannot retrieve my e-mails. I forgot my password.

    If the password is saved anywhere you could try a program like Snadboy's
    revelation, which reveals whats behind the **** in a passsword field.

    <http://www.snadboy.com/>

    But as other people have mentioned contacting your ISP is possibly the best
    way.

    Once you've got your password back you could consider using a 'password
    safe', you enter all your passwords into the software, and then use one big
    long secure password to keep them all safe.

    <http://www.schneier.com/passsafe.html>
    Petit Alexi, Oct 8, 2003