    Whats the best way to recover a win XP login password?
    I was thinking about booting into win recovery mode but not sure what to do
    next....

    don, Nov 17, 2010

  2. don

    nemo_outis Guest

    "don" <> wrote in
    news:ic1n83$f35$:

    > Whats the best way to recover a win XP login password?
    > I was thinking about booting into win recovery mode but not
    > sure what to do next....

    I have no idea if you are just shitting us and want to crack
    someone else's machine or if you have really lost your password.

    It also seems you are "google-challenged" - I got 5 million hits
    with my first query.

    Anyhow, this is isn't even Hacking 101, it's hacking
    kindergarten.

    Basically there are two types of programs for getting back into
    "your" computer: password finders and password resetters.
    Resetters always work and do so instantly - they blitz your old
    password and Bingo! you're in. The password finders are a bit
    slower and not absolutely guaranteed but in most cases will find
    your old password in under 15 seconds.

    PC Login Now is a good *free* example of a resetter; Ophcrack is
    a good *free* instance of a finder. There are a zillion others.

    http://www.pcloginnow.com/
    http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

    You'll need access to a second computer to burn the CDs.

    Regards,

    PS Personally I use commercial software for this sort of thing.

    nemo_outis, Nov 18, 2010

  3. don

    VanguardLH Guest

    don wrote:

    > Whats the best way to recover a win XP login password?
    > I was thinking about booting into win recovery mode but not sure what to do
    > next....

    See replies to your *disconnected* MULTI-posted article you submitted in
    the 24hoursupport.helpdesk newsgroup titled (emphasis added):

    "CRACKING a windows xp password"

    And we would know how that the computer you are CRACKING is actually
    your property? 'Cause you say so?

    See replies to your SAME post that you separately MULTI-posted in other
    newsgroups. Now you'll have to remember to which other newsgroups you
    multi-posted and go check each of them for replies instead of
    maintaining the discussion within a single cross-posted thread.

    Learn to cross-post:

    Google is your friend (well, some of the time). Search there on
    cracking windows passwords.

    VanguardLH, Nov 18, 2010
  4. don

    don Guest

    "nemo_outis" <> wrote in message
    > "don" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Whats the best way to recover a win XP login password?
    >> I was thinking about booting into win recovery mode but not
    >> sure what to do next....

    > I have no idea if you are just shitting us and want to crack
    > someone else's machine or if you have really lost your password.
    >
    > It also seems you are "google-challenged" - I got 5 million hits
    > with my first query.
    >
    > Anyhow, this is isn't even Hacking 101, it's hacking
    > kindergarten.
    >
    > Basically there are two types of programs for getting back into
    > "your" computer: password finders and password resetters.
    > Resetters always work and do so instantly - they blitz your old
    > password and Bingo! you're in. The password finders are a bit
    > slower and not absolutely guaranteed but in most cases will find
    > your old password in under 15 seconds.
    >
    > PC Login Now is a good *free* example of a resetter; Ophcrack is
    > a good *free* instance of a finder. There are a zillion others.
    >
    > http://www.pcloginnow.com/
    > http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > You'll need access to a second computer to burn the CDs.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > PS Personally I use commercial software for this sort of thing.

    ok thanks..... I said what is the "best" way because when I did google it
    I also got about 5 million hits and wanted to narrow it down a bit :)

    don, Nov 18, 2010