    i want to add a new computer to my home network but i cannot remember my network key...is there anyway i can retrive it?

    thanks dennis

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    dennis eichenberger, Dec 27, 2007

  2. dennis eichenberger

    Ken Triebold Guest

    I don't know what type of wireless router you have (if any), but I can get
    this info from my Linksys router by accessing it directly through a web URL.
    I access my router with a web URL of 192.168.1.1 Then look under the
    wireless settings. The network key is shown there. The method is likely to
    be similar for your router.

    Ken Triebold, Dec 27, 2007

  3. Hi
    You have to be more specific in what you are looking for.
    The term Network Key does not really mean any thing.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 28, 2007
  4. dennis eichenberger

    dwacon Guest

    > Hi
    > You have to be more specific in what you are looking for.
    > The term Network Key does not really mean any thing.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "dennis eichenberger" wrote in message
    >> hi,
    >> i want to add a new computer to my home network but i cannot remember my
    >> network key...is there anyway i can retrive it?
    >>
    >> thanks dennis
    >>
    >> EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
    >> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Recommend you reset your router to its out-of-the-box configuration and
    rebuild from scratch. And this time keep your passwords and keys in a safe
    but findable place. :)

    --
    Servatis a periculum...
    Servatis a maleficum...

    dwacon, Dec 29, 2007
  5. dennis eichenberger

    Mike Guest

    As with the Linksys routers, netgears will allow you to see the whole WEP key
    if you are using that, which although long can be used to get the connection
    up or if you are using WPA/WPA2 you can read it from the wireless config page.

    Mike, Dec 31, 2007