    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance!

    Treb
    Treb, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Treb

    °Mike° Guest

    Your munged email address is using a valid domain (kidding.com).

    Registrant:
    PK Media Ventures, Inc. (KIDDING-COM-DOM)
    Avenida Cuba y Calle 34
    Edificio 34-20
    Panama, Panama
    Republica de Panama
    011-227-2658

    Domain Name: KIDDING.COM

    Administrative Contact:
    PK Media Ventures, Inc.
    Avenida Cuba y Calle 34
    Edificio 34-20
    Panama, Panama
    Republica de Panama
    011- 227-2658

    Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
    PK Media Ventures, Inc.
    Avenida Cuba y Calle 34
    Edificio 34-20
    Panama, Panama
    Republica de Panama
    011- 227-2658

    Record last updated on 24-Oct-2003.
    Record expires on 28-Jan-2004.
    Record created on 29-Jan-1998.

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:30:11 GMT, in
    <7l9ub.415417$pl3.374779@pd7tw3no>
    Treb scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 17, 2003

  3. "Treb" <> wrote in message
    > I have no idea how to open the Bios (F2 on start-up) as I forgot the Bios
    > Password. I tried to find some help at the Sony Support site, but have not
    > been able to succeed.

    Remove the bios-battery from the mainboard, wait a few minutes and the
    re-insert it.

    You will be able to access your BIOS again, but all settings are gone.

    Regards,
    Joost.
    Joost Berculo, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Treb

    olfart Guest

    "Joost Berculo" <nospam at berculo.com> wrote in message
    > "Treb" <> wrote in message
    > > I have no idea how to open the Bios (F2 on start-up) as I forgot the

    Bios
    > > Password. I tried to find some help at the Sony Support site, but have

    not
    > > been able to succeed.

    > Remove the bios-battery from the mainboard, wait a few minutes and the
    > re-insert it.
    >
    > You will be able to access your BIOS again, but all settings are gone.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Joost.

    Actually the settings won't be *gone* It will revert to default settings
    which should allow you to boot, etc. You will have to update the settings if
    you ever changed any from the default settings.
    olfart, Nov 17, 2003
  5. > Actually the settings won't be *gone* It will revert to default settings
    > which should allow you to boot, etc. You will have to update the settings

    if
    > you ever changed any from the default settings.

    Okay, sorry, that's what I meant :)

    Joost
    Joost Berculo, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Treb

    Treb Guest

    Thanks, I have made the change...................

    Treb, Nov 18, 2003
  7. Treb

    Treb Guest

    Excellent!

    Gracias mi amigos...............

    Treb

    Treb, Nov 18, 2003
  8. Treb

    pf Guest

    I have the same problem with accessing the BIOS on my Compaq Presario 1685.

    Is the same solution recommended for the Presario (removing the BIOS battery for
    a few minutes)? Is there no button or jumper on the motherboard to push?

    Peter F.

    pf, Nov 19, 2003
  9. Treb

    IC Guest

    pf wrote:
    > I have the same problem with accessing the BIOS on my Compaq Presario
    > 1685.
    >
    > Is the same solution recommended for the Presario (removing the BIOS
    > battery for a few minutes)? Is there no button or jumper on the
    > motherboard to push?
    >
    > Peter F.

    There is usually a jumper, labeled CMOS reset or something similar, but it's
    easier to just remove and replace the battery. BTW, be sure the computer is
    not plugged in when you do so. Just pull the AC cord while you
    remove/replace the battery, then plug it back in.

    IC, Nov 19, 2003
  10. Treb

    conradodav

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    If anyone wants support on sony vaio bios passwords for pcg models you can write to conradodav at hotmail dot com or visit laptoprebirth dot com
    conradodav, Mar 3, 2009
  11. Treb

    brianhola

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    brianhola

    Joost could you plese tell me the locatoin of the bios battery ive takenthe back cover off and there is a small double green battery i disconnected it and it makes no diference i was then told it was not the bios Battery..do you no the location its a sony PCG-3h1m
    would be much aprpcated......
    brianhola, Apr 2, 2011