    For the most part, I'm an honest person and I think I could pass the
    hardware section, but my work is way out of line with this and if I'm
    going to spend a lot of time reading up on an OS, I'd rather it be Linux.
    Neal, Dec 9, 2004

  2. "Neal" <> wrote in message
    news:nB4ud.6492139$...
    > I'm a web designer and my work is saying that in order for me to get a
    > promotion to the next step, I need the A+ Certificate. I think it's
    > bullshit that someone who does 100% web design and will continue to do the
    > same work, is required to take this test. In fact, the tech support guy in
    > our department who was required to take this test thinks it's ridiculous
    > to make this required for a web design position. Are there "other" ways
    > besides taking the test legitimately to get a certificate. For the most
    > part, I'm an honest person and I think I could pass the hardware section,
    > but my work is way out of line with this and if I'm going to spend a lot
    > of time reading up on an OS, I'd rather it be Linux.

    I doubt this is anything more than a really bad attempt at trolling, but
    just in case it's not....

    Those are the breaks. I think it's stupid that I have to take crap like
    "Native American Studies", "American History", and "World Religions" to get
    my Computer Science Degree, but there's not much I can do about that.

    You could probably fake the actual "certificate", but it'd be pointless.
    It's pretty easy for employers to check with CompTIA as to whether or not
    somebody is actually certified.
    Patrick Michael, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Neal

    me Guest

    this is a pathetic question. Take the time and study. And then, spend the
    $290 and take the two tests. Then you won't have to fake anything.

    me, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Neal

    Remo Guest

    "Neal" <> wrote in message
    > I'm a web designer and my work is saying that in order for me to get a
    > promotion to the next step, I need the A+ Certificate. I think it's
    > bullshit that someone who does 100% web design and will continue to do the
    > same work, is required to take this test. In fact, the tech support guy in
    > our department who was required to take this test thinks it's ridiculous
    > to make this required for a web design position. Are there "other" ways
    > besides taking the test legitimately to get a certificate. For the most
    > part, I'm an honest person and I think I could pass the hardware section,
    > but my work is way out of line with this and if I'm going to spend a lot
    > of time reading up on an OS, I'd rather it be Linux.

    This is not really the best place to ask such a question, you think those of
    us that have worked hard passing the A+ will help you forge something it has
    taken many of us many months to achieve. Not only does this bring the Cert
    down in value it makes all our hard work worthless. The A+ was designed to
    be hard and not passable on learning test papers this is what makes the
    people that employ you and others ask for it. Therefore I suggest if you
    want the promotion get studying or change jobs. There is a Linux + exam out
    as well maybe try asking your boss to take this instead.

    Remo
    Remo, Dec 10, 2004
  5. Neal

    MEROGVINGIAN Guest

    welcome to the real world, I didn't need A+ but that what the boss wanted, I
    love my job, so thats what he got, didn't hurt me one bit either, learned
    alot

    MEROGVINGIAN, Dec 10, 2004
  6. Neal

    Rick Blythin Guest

    In article <nB4ud.6492139$>,
    Neal <> wrote:

    > I'm a web designer and my work is saying that in order for me to get a
    > promotion to the next step, I need the A+ Certificate. I think it's
    > bullshit that someone who does 100% web design and will continue to do
    > the same work, is required to take this test. In fact, the tech support
    > guy in our department who was required to take this test thinks it's
    > ridiculous to make this required for a web design position. Are there
    > "other" ways besides taking the test legitimately to get a certificate.
    > For the most part, I'm an honest person and I think I could pass the
    > hardware section, but my work is way out of line with this and if I'm
    > going to spend a lot of time reading up on an OS, I'd rather it be Linux.

    Talk to your boss and or have tech support put a word in as well. I
    agree A+ has no use for web design, I could understand it if it was a
    Webmaster cert. If your boss still insists, then just study and take the
    exam.

    While it might be possible to copy a certificate. 1) It's not legal and
    if you boss calls to verify it then you could be looking at losing your
    job. 2) The person who gave you a copy of the cert to forge would get it
    hot water as well.

    Bottom line if your boss requires it just take the exams and get
    certified.

    Rick
    A+, Network+
    Rick Blythin, Dec 10, 2004
  7. Neal

    Gary Guest

    Sure give me $25,000O and I'll make one for you. what's your name?

    What an idiot..........

    Gary, Dec 10, 2004
  8. Neal

    MF Guest

    i will teach you how to cheat for only $37,500. why waste your time reading
    a book or two?

    MF, Dec 12, 2004
  9. Neal

    Guest

    Imagine that, your boss wants more out of you for a promotion. I think
    your boss is saying that your current skills do not justify a
    promotion. With more skills you would become more valuable to the
    company. I think learning to forge documents could get you a job with a
    mob or something.
    We all like to think that we are at a level of knowledge that we do
    not have to learn anymore. You should listen to your boss and make
    yourself more valuable.
    , Dec 12, 2004
  10. Neal

    David Hough Guest

    When he pays the $37500. I wouldn't take a check!
    David Hough, Dec 14, 2004
  11. Neal

    MF Guest

    "LadyTech" <nomailplease@invalid.4myprivacy.com> wrote in message

    > "MF" <> wrote in message
    > > i will teach you how to cheat for only $37,500. why waste your time

    > reading
    > > a book or two?
    > >

    > Take cash, don't accept a check *LOL*

    :)
    Thinking about it, he's a web designer, which could mean he knows only
    databases and nothing about design, but not necessarily, so that's a
    dangerous possibility. And, adding in another dangerous possibility, the
    capabilities of current scanners and laser printers, I'd better demand gold
    bullion. Jeeeez, I'll have to buy a truck to pick up the payment. I should
    ask for at least $59,500. But still cheap to avoid reading the mike meyers
    book with lots of pictures.

    Mike
    MF, Dec 15, 2004
  12. Neal

    DB Guest

    "MF" <> wrote in message

    > "LadyTech" <nomailplease@invalid.4myprivacy.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "MF" <> wrote in message
    >> > i will teach you how to cheat for only $37,500. why waste your time

    >> reading
    >> > a book or two?
    >> >

    >> Take cash, don't accept a check *LOL*
    >>

    > :)
    > Thinking about it, he's a web designer, which could mean he knows only
    > databases and nothing about design, but not necessarily, so that's a
    > dangerous possibility. And, adding in another dangerous possibility, the
    > capabilities of current scanners and laser printers, I'd better demand
    > gold
    > bullion. Jeeeez, I'll have to buy a truck to pick up the payment. I
    > should
    > ask for at least $59,500. But still cheap to avoid reading the mike
    > meyers
    > book with lots of pictures.
    >
    > Mike

    I think he would need one of those pop up books,to come down to his level.
    DB, Dec 15, 2004
  13. Neal

    leno bob Guest

    hey bro forget that
    man someone is paying way to much for there tests !!
    go here
    http://www.getcertifyforless.com
    i bought mine for 188 out the door ..dont be a sucker and pay 290 for both
    tests!
    A+ in los angeles

    leno bob, Dec 28, 2004
  14. Neal

    leno bob Guest

    ass cash or cash ? no one rides for free !

    leno bob, Dec 28, 2004
  15. Neal

    leno bob Guest

    thats what im saying ! stop crying and just take a class or two or just go
    here
    http://www.testking.com
    and stop the BSing allready just get it and throw it in there petty face

    leno bob, Dec 28, 2004