FORGERY: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Guy Macon, Oct 15, 2004.

  1. Guy Macon

    Guy Macon Guest

    I have received several replies replying to a forgery - someone
    pretending to be me. Most of those who recieved it realized
    that it was a forgery and decided to let me know. They did the
    right thing.

    A couple of you fell for it. Please try not to be so gullible
    next time. If you read rec.photo.digital and get a nasty email
    from someone who has never emailed you before - it is probably a
    fake.

    Remember, always include full headers when you report email abuse.
    If you don't know how to see the full headers, please read
    http://www.haltabuse.org/help/headers/ or do a google search
    on "full headers" and the name of your email program.

    I do not reply to newsgroup posts by email. Please ignore any
    emails claiming to be from me and set your killfiles to reject
    them; I do not read any photography newsgroups, so post to
    news.groups if you want me to see your replies.

    If anyone has any real evidence as to who did this, please email
    me at engineer [at] guymacon [dot] com.

    --
    Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com>
    Guy Macon, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Guy Macon

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com

    >A couple of you fell for it. Please try not to be so gullible
    >next time. If you read rec.photo.digital and get a nasty email
    >from someone who has never emailed you before - it is probably a fake.

    Speak for yourself. I get lotsa nasty e-mails from people I've never e-mailed.
    Annika1980, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Guy Macon

    AustinBoston Guest

    (Annika1980) wrote:
    > >From: Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com

    > >A couple of you fell for it. Please try not to be so gullible
    > >next time. If you read rec.photo.digital and get a nasty email
    > >from someone who has never emailed you before - it is probably a fake.

    > Speak for yourself. I get lotsa nasty e-mails from people I've never e-mailed.

    Typical AOL.

    That proves his point...don't be so gullible. They're all fakes.

    Austin
    AustinBoston, Oct 15, 2004
  4. Guy Macon

    Guy Macon Guest

    Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

    I have received several replies replying to a forgery - someone
    pretending to be me.

    A couple of you fell for it. Please try not to be so gullible
    next time.

    It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.
    Guy Macon, Oct 15, 2004
  5. Re: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

    > It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    > checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
    English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
    cheated.
    Charles Schuler, Oct 15, 2004
  6. Guy Macon

    John Bean Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:31:11 -0400, Charles Schuler wrote:

    >> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    >> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    > From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
    > English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
    > cheated.

    I'm surprised you bothered to look, Charles. I'd guess it's in any
    dictionary, certainly the first hit Google online dictionary lists it:

    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gullible

    --
    John Bean

    If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee - that
    will do them in (Bradley's Bromide)
    John Bean, Oct 15, 2004
  7. Guy Macon

    Guest

    Re: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

    Charles Schuler <> says...

    >> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    >> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    >From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
    >English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
    >cheated.

    My that's a nice shiny hook you have in your mouth...
    , Oct 15, 2004
  8. Guy Macon

    John Bean Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:42:49 +0000, wrote:

    > Charles Schuler <> says...
    >>
    >>> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    >>> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    >>From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
    >>English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
    >>cheated.

    > My that's a nice shiny hook you have in your mouth...

    Too subtle for me I'm afraid.

    --
    John Bean

    The computing field is always in need of new cliches (Alan Perlis)
    John Bean, Oct 15, 2004
  9. Re: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

    <> wrote in message news:...

    > Charles Schuler <> says...
    >>
    >>> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    >>> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    >>From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
    >>English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
    >>cheated.

    > My that's a nice shiny hook you have in your mouth...

    I guess that makes me gullible ;>)
    Charles Schuler, Oct 15, 2004
  10. Guy Macon

    Mark M Guest

    "Guy Macon" <http://www.guymacon.com> wrote in message

    > I have received several replies replying to a forgery - someone
    > pretending to be me.
    >
    > A couple of you fell for it. Please try not to be so gullible
    > next time.
    >
    > It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    > checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    Oh?
    Perhaps it's "little known" because your statement
    is "little-true"...as in...FALSE!
    :)
    Here ya go:

    gul·li·ble [gúll?b'l]
    adj
    easily duped: tending to trust and believe people, and therefore easily
    tricked or deceived

    [Early 19th century. Formed from gull2 .]

    -gul·li·bil·i·ty [gùll? bíll?tee], n
    -gul·li·bly [gúll?blee], adv
    Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2004. © 1993-2003 Microsoft
    Corporation. All rights reserved.

    -Mark M
    Mark M, Oct 16, 2004
  11. Re: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

    "Charles Schuler" <> writes:

    >> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    >> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    > From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
    > English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
    > cheated.

    <rim-shot>
    David Dyer-Bennet, Oct 16, 2004
  12. Guy Macon

    Guest

    Re: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

    Mark M <> says...

    >> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    >> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    >Oh?
    >Perhaps it's "little known" because your statement
    >is "little-true"...as in...FALSE!
    >:)
    >Here ya go:
    >
    >gul·li·ble [gúll?b'l]
    >adj
    >easily duped: tending to trust and believe people, and therefore easily
    >tricked or deceived
    >
    >[Early 19th century. Formed from gull2 .]
    >
    >-gul·li·bil·i·ty [gùll? bíll?tee], n
    >-gul·li·bly [gúll?blee], adv
    >Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2004. © 1993-2003 Microsoft
    >Corporation. All rights reserved.

    He hooked another one! LOTS of gullible people in this newsgroup...
    , Oct 16, 2004
  13. Guy Macon

    Guest

    Re: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

    John Bean <> says...

    >On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:42:49 +0000, wrote:
    >
    >> Charles Schuler <> says...

    >>>From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
    >>>English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
    >>>cheated.

    >> My that's a nice shiny hook you have in your mouth...

    >Too subtle for me I'm afraid.

    Only a gullible person would read the above and actually look it up.

    This one is an OLD joke.

    Let's try a knock-knock joke instead. You start.
    , Oct 16, 2004
  14. Guy Macon

    Mark M Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...

    > Mark M <> says...
    >
    > >> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    > >> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    > >Oh?
    > >Perhaps it's "little known" because your statement
    > >is "little-true"...as in...FALSE!
    > >:)
    > >Here ya go:
    > >
    > >gul·li·ble [gúll?b'l]
    > >adj
    > >easily duped: tending to trust and believe people, and therefore easily
    > >tricked or deceived
    > >
    > >[Early 19th century. Formed from gull2 .]
    > >
    > >-gul·li·bil·i·ty [gùll? bíll?tee], n
    > >-gul·li·bly [gúll?blee], adv
    > >Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2004. © 1993-2003 Microsoft
    > >Corporation. All rights reserved.

    > He hooked another one! LOTS of gullible people in this newsgroup...

    Yep!
    Dictionary certified, too.
    :)
    Mark M, Oct 16, 2004
  15. Re: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

    Mark M wrote:
    > <> wrote in message news:....
    >>
    >>He hooked another one! LOTS of gullible people in this newsgroup...

    > Yep!
    > Dictionary certified, too.

    Er, you've been tagged- out!! Have sit on sidelines a few minutes to
    wait for the next game.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Oct 16, 2004
  16. Guy Macon

    John Bean Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 05:50:24 +0000, wrote:

    > John Bean <> says...
    >>
    >>On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:42:49 +0000, wrote:
    >>
    >>> Charles Schuler <> says...

    >>> My that's a nice shiny hook you have in your mouth...

    >>Too subtle for me I'm afraid.

    > Only a gullible person would read the above and actually look it up.
    >
    > This one is an OLD joke.
    >
    > Let's try a knock-knock joke instead. You start.

    Maybe when you're older.

    --
    John Bean

    A cynic is not merely one who reads bitter lessons from the past, he is one
    who is prematurely disappointed in the future (Sidney J. Harris)
    John Bean, Oct 16, 2004
  17. Guy Macon

    Guest

    Re: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:54:37 +0000, Guy Macon
    <http://www.guymacon.com> wrote:

    >I have received several replies replying to a forgery - someone
    >pretending to be me.
    >
    >A couple of you fell for it. Please try not to be so gullible
    >next time.

    You'll make lots of friends calling people gullible over this.
    There is little reason to do full forensics on every nasty email
    received.

    >It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    >checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    I know maybe three jokes older than that one.
    , Oct 16, 2004
  18. Guy Macon

    Poone Tange Guest

    > > It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    > > checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    Shiite... the word "gullible" has been in wide usage since about 1727 when
    Jonathan Swift came out with Gullible's Travels.

    Poone T.
    Poone Tange, Oct 16, 2004
  19. Re: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

    Poone Tange wrote:

    > "Guy Macon" <http://www.guymacon.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>>It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
    >>>checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

    > Shiite... the word "gullible" has been in wide usage since about 1727 when
    > Jonathan Swift came out with Gullible's Travels.

    No; it was Gullible's Travails......

    jpmcw
    John McWilliams, Oct 17, 2004
  20. Guy Macon

    Frank ess Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Poone Tange wrote:
    >
    >> "Guy Macon" <http://www.guymacon.com> wrote in message

    >> Shiite... the word "gullible" has been in wide usage since about
    >> 1727 when Jonathan Swift came out with Gullible's Travels.
    >>

    > No; it was Gullible's Travails......

    With his aunt, IIRC.

    --
    Frank ess