    today. I found it for 22.99 today. What other prices are out there? Let me
    know.

    (who should now be )
    Tapes101, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Tapes101

    skankee Guest

    On 22 Oct 2003 04:08:55 GMT, (Tapes101) wrote:

    >I was wondering if anyone is buying the Forever Knight DVD set that came out
    >today. I found it for 22.99 today. What other prices are out there? Let me
    >know.

    Where?! Where can you get it for 22.99?
    skankee, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Tapes101

    Tapes101 Guest

    Hi,
    I got it on base. I am not sure if they messed up the price or not. It had a
    price sticker that said that 22.99 and when it was rung up it said the same
    price. No complaints here.

    Tapes101, Oct 22, 2003
  4. Tapes101

    Justin Guest

    Tapes101 wrote on [22 Oct 2003 04:27:18 GMT]:
    > Hi,
    > I got it on base. I am not sure if they messed up the price or not. It had a
    > price sticker that said that 22.99 and when it was rung up it said the same
    > price. No complaints here.

    you got it where?
    Justin, Oct 22, 2003
  5. Tapes101

    Tapes101 Guest

    Fort Belvoir. An Army base.

    Tapes101
    Tapes101, Oct 22, 2003
  6. Tapes101

    jayembee Guest

    (Tapes101) wrote:

    >I was wondering if anyone is buying the Forever Knight DVD set that came out
    >today. I found it for 22.99 today. What other prices are out there? Let me
    >know.

    Where the HELL did you find it for $22.99???!!! The MSRP is $79.99.
    Best Buy had it for $69.99 today.

    Anyway, I had a scare with regards to it. I was already dubious about
    Columbia putting five eps on each of the first two discs. But when I
    started looking at the first disc, and saw the CBS "Crimetime After
    Primetime" logo, followed by the "CBS Surround" logo when the first
    episode began, I started screaming, "Those bastards have used the
    cut-to-ribbons CBS versions!!!!"

    (The CBS versions were cut down to ~41 minutes from the ~47 minute
    Canadian versions. The versions that have aired on Sci Fi are
    somewhere in the middle.)

    However, although the first episode (first half of the 2-part pilot)
    does run short, all of the other episodes on the first disc -- I
    haven't checked the other discs yet -- are the full-length 47m
    versions.

    Regarding the first episode being "short", it's hard to say whether
    it's cut or not. It seems to me that even the Sci Fi version of it ran
    short. But it's hard to tell because the CBS and Sci Fi versions were
    edited differently, and I believe that each had footage that wasn't in
    the other.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 22, 2003
  7. Tapes101

    Eric R. Guest

    (Tapes101) wrote in message

    > I got it on base. I am not sure if they messed up the price or not. It had a
    > price sticker that said that 22.99 and when it was rung up it said the same
    > price. No complaints here.

    Man, what a bargain! They must have been having a 2/3 off sale!

    -Eric
    Eric R., Oct 22, 2003
  8. Tapes101

    lrulan Guest

    "Tapes101" <> wrote in message
    > I was wondering if anyone is buying the Forever Knight DVD set that came

    out
    > today. I found it for 22.99 today. What other prices are out there? Let me
    > know.
    >
    > (who should now be )

    I pre-ordered the set from Deep Discount DVD for $22 when it was first
    announced and the price error was not noticed. I received it yesterday and
    was only charged the original $22.

    --

    Irulan
    from now until the end of time
    lrulan, Oct 22, 2003
  9. Tapes101

    jayembee Guest

    (Eric R.) wrote:

    > Man, what a bargain! They must have been having a 2/3 off sale!

    Well, to be sure, when the set was originally announced, it
    was given an MSRP of $29.95. Columbia realized the mistake
    and corrected it fairly quickly. Presumably, there are some
    places that still had it listed at that incorrect MSRP, and
    discounted from that.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 23, 2003