    countries of Europe, do you know if there is some provider
    that offer this?

    thanks

    voip e, Nov 6, 2004

  2. voip e

    BlueRinse Guest

    http://www.sipgate.de is one

    BlueRinse, Nov 6, 2004

  3. BlueRinse <> wrote in

    > http://www.sipgate.de is one

    German VoIP providers were recently forced by the regulation authorities to
    assign "normal" German landline numbers only to people actually living
    within the area codes, from which the numbers are assigned from. Some time
    next year, a new area code will be introcuded for IP telephony, so that the
    providers won't have to allocate number ranges in all ~20000 geographical
    area codes.

    Until the new area code is being operational, Sipgate is assigning non-
    geographical numbers to customers not living in the area codes they have
    number ranges in. The problem is that these numbers are insaneous long and
    may not be diallable from outside Germany, e.g:

    (01801) 7775550536

    Tor

    Tor-Einar Jarnbjo, Nov 7, 2004
  4. voip e

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Nov 7, 2004
  5. voip e

    BlueRinse Guest

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 13:46:17 +0000, Tor-Einar Jarnbjo wrote:

    Thanks for bringing this to the general attention. I had heard about it
    but kind of forgot, since myu sipgate number was in GB.

    BlueRinse, Nov 8, 2004