  1. Any one know if/when R1 DVD releases are planned for Fellini's La Dolce
    Vita and the 1995 Les Miserable with JP Belmondo?

    TIA.

    Travis Pupkin, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Travis Pupkin

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Travis Pupkin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Any one know if/when R1 DVD releases are planned for Fellini's La

    Dolce
    > Vita and the 1995 Les Miserable with JP Belmondo?

    The rights to La Dolce Vita are currently held by Koch Lorber, who
    announced it last year but have continually delayed the release. There
    is no estimate on when or if it may eventually come out. You may
    recognize the "Lorber" as a former part of Fox Lorber, renowned as one
    of the consistently worst-quality DVD production studios. I don't hold
    out much hope that they'll treat this movie right.

    There is a beautiful Region 2 PAL edition available in Italy for those
    who are region-free.

    Joshua Zyber, Jan 30, 2004

  3. In article <dmsSb.2547$>,
    says...
    > "Travis Pupkin" <> wrote in message
    > > Any one know if/when R1 DVD releases are planned for Fellini's La

    > Dolce
    > > Vita and the 1995 Les Miserable with JP Belmondo?

    > The rights to La Dolce Vita are currently held by Koch Lorber, who
    > announced it last year but have continually delayed the release. There
    > is no estimate on when or if it may eventually come out. You may
    > recognize the "Lorber" as a former part of Fox Lorber, renowned as one
    > of the consistently worst-quality DVD production studios. I don't hold
    > out much hope that they'll treat this movie right.

    No kidding. I had their edition of Ran until the Masterworkss version
    came out. It was worse than watching the movie on pan & scan VHS (not
    really).

    I have heard, however, that Lorber has begun to put out better stuff.

    Thanks for the info.

    Travis Pupkin, Jan 31, 2004