    make this the first page the browser sees and prevent navigating away from it
    until the login has taken place?

    Any thoughts gratefully received!

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBPVA==?=, Jan 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBPVA==?=

    DW Guest

    Richard OT wrote:
    > I have a wireless network which i want unsecured so that anyone can use it,
    > but I want them to have to login on a web-based screen before accessing the
    > rest of the internet, (such as you see in commercial wi-fi interent providers
    > in hotels etc). I have teh login page all set up, but I need to know how to
    > make this the first page the browser sees and prevent navigating away from it
    > until the login has taken place?
    >
    > Any thoughts gratefully received!

    If you want to offer free access to anyone who wants it what is the
    point of having them login through a portal type page?

    DW, Jan 26, 2006

  3. In order to autheticate them. I did not go into massive detail in the
    question, so as to save space, but "anyone" was probably misleading! A
    significant point is that I want to disemenate information to those who log
    on to the network, and to gain certain information about them. I also
    consider that is is easier to give out time-expiring passwords then change a
    WPA string which effects all users of the network.

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBPVA==?=, Jan 27, 2006
  4. This might work for you. Its a free solution...

    http://www.publicip.net/

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...