    Is there way of forcing FF (using 2.0.0.7) to get the file
    from real host?

    Thanks, David.

    DavidM, Sep 27, 2007

  2. DavidM wrote:
    > I regularly have to update files (Word and Excel docs mostly)
    > on my college website. If I update a file by uploading a
    > newer version (but with the same filename), quite often when
    > I then open the file from a link on the web site I see the old
    > version, even though the file date.time on the college server has
    > been updated.
    >
    > I assume that what I'm actually seeing is a cached
    > copy of the old file, either on my PC or some proxy server
    > (if that's the right term) sitting between my PC and the
    > real host.
    >
    > Is there way of forcing FF (using 2.0.0.7) to get the file
    > from real host?
    >
    > Thanks, David.

    in the address bar, type in about:config and look for this
    entry:

    browser.cache.check_doc_frequency

    once found, double click on it and change the number to one
    of these:

    0 -- once per session
    1 -- everytime I view the page
    2 -- never
    3 -- when the page is out of date

    These settings compares the page in the cache to the page on
    the network.

    if that doesn't work, then hit the reload button, or hold
    down the shift key while hitting the reload button, or hit
    F5. These methods should force a reload of the pages.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 27, 2007