ForceWare Release 169 BETA

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Kue2, Oct 30, 2007.

  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Kue2, Oct 30, 2007

  2. Hugh,
    How about these unofficial 163.75 whql's for Vista x64?
    http://www.station-drivers.com/page/nvidia forceware.htm
    http://www.station-drivers.com/tele....75-vista64-whql(www.station-drivers.com).exe
    Use at your own risk!
    These french guys from station-drivers have never let me down.

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 30, 2007

  3. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Thank-you!
    I'm trying the 169.04 beta out presently.It usually takes about 4-5 days
    running if I'm going to get "the error". If I make it through a week without
    the error I might have it beat....crossing fingers & toes.....lol.
    "The Error": Display driver stopped responding & has recovered.Display
    driver nvlddmkm.sys stopped responding & has successfully recovered. Most of
    the time it recovers but sometimes I get BSOD. This has been a real
    pain,only serious error I have left to fix. I keep hoping the next driver
    release will fix it. I'll keep trying to fix it(loading new drivers as they
    come out) until the new year. If I still got the problem i'll have to invest
    in a new MB & ram & video card.........for Vista 64. That will be a pity as
    this mb has been great for me in XP-32 & XP-64 which I have running on a
    duel boot system.They ( I have two of these MB) are not ready for the scrap
    yard yet.......I hope......The Vista 64 system seems fine otherwise running
    on these boards. It performs nicely for all task I use it for at this time.

    Kue2, Oct 30, 2007
  4. Hugh,
    I wish I could help you out with "The Error".
    It was present in the first Vista releases of the NVidia drivers but I don't
    have it any longer.
    I have also changed motherboards in the meantime so that might be a reason.
    I tend to think that the root cause lies in the particular Graphic Card and
    Mobo combination.
    Any way, let's pray and hope that "The Error" fades away.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 30, 2007
  5. Kue2

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    This is a generic Vista error that indicates that something has caused
    the video driver to crash. In XP, you would just get a BSOD (STOP
    0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ...) and you would have to
    reboot. In Vista, the OS restarts the video driver and attempts to move
    on from the error. Most of the time the OS does. Sometimes you still get
    a BSOD. The "error" has multiple causes including bugs in the video
    driver, bugs in 3D software , hardware conflicts, an underpowered PSU, a
    bad stick of system RAM or the graphics card overheating under load. As
    such, the error is hard to pinpoint. That said, the frequency of this
    error has diminished in the months since Vista was first released, as
    the video drivers have become more refined and stable.

    Hence it it is not really one error, but rather a catch-all error
    message. There are even some registry settings that you can modify to
    make the error less frequent. You can find that information on the MS
    website:

    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/wddm_timeout.mspx

    Also, graphics websites like www.guru3d.com and www.nvnews.net have
    extensive threads regarding this error on their forums. Here's one:

    JB

    jabloomf1230, Oct 31, 2007