    one of their games on or an on-line games. Also if media player is
    on it will not go in standby mode. Any way to force the computer to
    go to standby no matter what program is on? Thanks.

    lbbss, Sep 6, 2010

  2. lbbss

    chuckcar Guest

    lbbss <> wrote in
    news::

    > Our kids are expected to put the computer in standby mode when they
    > are finished using it. But the usually forget. I have it set to go
    > in standby mode after 30min, but it does not do that when they left
    > one of their games on or an on-line games. Also if media player is
    > on it will not go in standby mode. Any way to force the computer to
    > go to standby no matter what program is on? Thanks.

    Tap the power button. There may also be a button with a crescent moon
    symbol on the keyboard. Not however that if you do *not* shut down the
    computer completely on a regular base it will become progressively
    slower to the point where it *will* lock up.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 7, 2010

  3. lbbss

    rf Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > lbbss <> wrote in
    >
    >> Our kids are expected to put the computer in standby mode when they
    >> are finished using it. But the usually forget. I have it set to go
    >> in standby mode after 30min, but it does not do that when they left
    >> one of their games on or an on-line games. Also if media player is
    >> on it will not go in standby mode. Any way to force the computer to
    >> go to standby no matter what program is on? Thanks.
    >>

    > Tap the power button.

    Comprehension failure.

    The OP want's to do it automatically. Automatically is where you don't have
    to do anything, like tap power buttons.

    > There may also be a button with a crescent moon
    > symbol on the keyboard. Not however that if you do *not* shut down the
    > computer completely on a regular base it will become progressively
    > slower to the point where it *will* lock up.

    Absolute Bullshit.

    I have a computer here in front of me that has not been shut down for three
    months.

    Either cite some *relilable* source for the crap you continue to spew out or
    STFU.

    Moron.

    rf, Sep 7, 2010