    I thought I had read a while ago that there would be a newer DVD release of
    the old Sci-Fi classic "Forbidden Planet". Anyone hear anything about this?
    Thanks
    Steven Wandy, Jul 24, 2004

  2. Steven Wandy wrote:
    > I thought I had read a while ago that there would be a newer DVD release of
    > the old Sci-Fi classic "Forbidden Planet". Anyone hear anything about this?
    > Thanks

    It was supposed to be announced for August, with full Warner 2-disk
    frills, but hasn't yet--
    Where could it be, we've beamed and beamed!

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Jul 24, 2004

  3. Steven Wandy

    drsd2kill Guest

    I dunno about a new release, but I made a DVD of all the deleted and extended
    scenes and other extras from the old Criterion Laserdisc if you are
    interested....
    drsd2kill, Jul 25, 2004
  4. Steven Wandy

    Steven Wandy Guest

    I have the original DVD release so that will get me through until something
    better comes out, but thanks for the offer.

    Steven Wandy, Jul 25, 2004