For Vista Questions

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 11, 2006.

  1. Just want to point this out, for persons with Vista questions, please post
    to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for discussions relating to Windows
    XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

    Here is a list of available newsgroups for Windows Vista as of today:

    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_account_passwords
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

    Head on over to the following page at Microsoft's website on how toconfigure
    your newsreader to read Microsoft's Public Newsgroups:
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 11, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

    Graham Guest

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:

    > Just want to point this out, for persons with Vista questions, please post
    > to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for discussions relating to Windows
    > XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

    You've got a hope. You are expecting people to actually *read* something
    before they ask a question! (If you want proof they don't, look at how
    many anti-virus for 64-bit questions have been asked in the last 24 hours.)

    Graham.
    Graham, Jun 11, 2006

  3. Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

    John Barnes Guest

    How true. Andre is doing the job his friend Mike B did when we went from
    beta to this public site. Every day he posted on the beta site excoriating
    people to get with the change. :) Like your postings over there Andre.
    Really helpful, like always.

    John Barnes, Jun 11, 2006
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

    Guest

    You cannot access those other groups through google groups; at least
    not yet.

    John Barnes wrote:
    > How true. Andre is doing the job his friend Mike B did when we went from
    > beta to this public site. Every day he posted on the beta site excoriating
    > people to get with the change. :) Like your postings over there Andre.
    > Really helpful, like always.
    >

    > "Graham" <> wrote in message
    > > Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
    > >
    > >> Just want to point this out, for persons with Vista questions, please
    > >> post to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for discussions relating to
    > >> Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

    > > You've got a hope. You are expecting people to actually *read* something
    > > before they ask a question! (If you want proof they don't, look at how
    > > many anti-virus for 64-bit questions have been asked in the last 24
    > > hours.)
    > >
    > > Graham.
    , Jun 11, 2006
  5. No, they are not indexed yet. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 11, 2006
  6. Thank you John, you should come join us. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 11, 2006
  7. Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

    Graham Guest

    John Barnes wrote:

    > How true. Andre is doing the job his friend Mike B did when we went from
    > beta to this public site. Every day he posted on the beta site excoriating
    > people to get with the change. :) Like your postings over there Andre.
    > Really helpful, like always.

    And what a job he's doing too! I just popped over there to take a look
    and ran away scared. People posting the same things four times. People
    who can't (won't) read what's on the screen in front of their eyes
    before they click to download it. Dozens of postings about exactly the
    same thing. People who don't know what to do with an ISO. People who
    think "funny" subject lines are clever.

    Will Andre survive, or will they drive him completely nuts?

    Graham.
    Graham, Jun 11, 2006
  8. Methinks it is too late for that! ;)

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 11, 2006
  9. You don't have to read very many of them to realize how naive so many of
    them are. Whew! I love the one, "Where can I find a Compaq driver?"

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 11, 2006
  10. LOL! That one is funny! :-D

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 11, 2006
  11. If you follow the HTTP links from Microsoft's Vista site to access the
    newsgroups via a browser, this newsgroup is presented along with dedicated
    Vista newsgroups underneath the heading "Windows Vista Newsgroups". There are
    other generic (non-Vista exclusive) groups as well.

    If Microsoft's intent is for all Vista topics to be posted to Vista specific
    newsgroups, then the decision to include the other non-Vista groups on the
    Windows Vista Newsgroups Home page is a curious one.

    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx

    =?Utf-8?B?UE51dHRz?=, Jun 11, 2006
  12. Agreed. Perhaps one of the regulars will let MS know that.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 11, 2006
  13. Steven Wabik is a real prize over on ...vista.general. He downloaded 4GBs
    of Visat but doesn't want to download 2mb of VistaBootPro. Go figure!

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 12, 2006
  14. Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

    Jane C Guest

    ROFL!! I noticed that too. The mind boggles.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;)

    Jane C, Jun 12, 2006
  15. Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

    Graham Guest

    Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    > Steven Wabik is a real prize over on ...vista.general. He downloaded 4GBs
    > of Visat but doesn't want to download 2mb of VistaBootPro. Go figure!

    I liked the one where someone was asking that a 2.6G file be emailed to him.

    Graham.
    Graham, Jun 12, 2006
  16. I saw that. LOL.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 12, 2006
  17. They're like lemmings! I never saw anything like this.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 12, 2006
  18. Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

    Jane C Guest

    Lemmings who can't read, don't know how to use search.......... <sigh>

    Jane C, Jun 12, 2006
  19. Colin:
    Last year in this group someone was trying to install x64 on a 500MZ
    PIII machine.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2, OPP2007B2, Jun 12, 2006
  20. Yeah, I think I remember that. There was another one who thought that the
    video card he bought for his AMD64 machine was not right because it didn't
    support 64-bit color depth.

    "Dennis Pack x64, v64B2, OPP2007B2" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 12, 2006