    can anyone let me know what is the best way to get in the portable
    video/music industry

    iPod or Zune?

    James Kaucic, Mar 11, 2007

  2. "James Kaucic" <> wrote in message
    news:m7LIh.4078$...
    > can anyone let me know what is the best way to get in the portable
    > video/music industry
    >

    > iPod or Zune?

    I love my Zune, never was much of an iPod fan.

    Hole In The Earth \(I'm Out\), Mar 11, 2007

  3. James Kaucic

    MassiveProng Guest

    On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 03:58:10 GMT, "James Kaucic"
    <> Gave us:

    >can anyone let me know what is the best way to get in the portable
    >video/music industry

    Become an electrical engineer...

    >iPod or Zune?

    iPUD is lame, as is its price (both for the item and the DLs).

    Zune is cool, but limited in function.

    The PSP has wireless internet, does movies (not talking about lame
    UMD either) and video and MP3s as well as pictures, and even stores
    files like a thumb drive would.

    Anything you find and Dl you can put on it, including regular old PC
    files. It has a USB interface to your PC, as well as the wireless
    connection, of course.

    I have yet to play a single game on it, but it does that too.

    MassiveProng, Mar 11, 2007
  4. James Kaucic

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Mar 11, 2007
  5. Per Stan Brown:
    >> iPUD is lame

    >In what ways?

    "Lame" isn't the word I'd use... but a few reasons I'll look to a non-Apple
    solution if/when my iPod 60-gigger bites the dust are:
    - FM Radio.

    Come to think of it, "lame" might apply in that particular case.
    Five hundred bucks, and they can't put an FM radio chip in the thing?
    Sheesh!

    My next device *will* have an FM radio in it.

    - Proprietary DB/File Management.

    With iPod, it's Apple's way or the highway. Don't even *think* about copying
    a couple of mp3s from your iPod to your PC at work - or finding a video and
    giving it to somebody else while at the computer at their house.

    When looking for my next device, I will look for drag-and-drop all the way
    and use something like MusicMatch Jukebox to auto-synch with my music folders
    on my home PC.

    - Ability to take voice memos without piggybacking additional hardware.

    Not a "must" with me... but a nice-to-have and I'll award some points for
    it when evaluating devices.

    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Mar 12, 2007