    source.

    I thought a few others might appreciate this info.

    Bob Brown

    Bob B, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Bob B

    Marc Guest

    you can grab it on any peer to peer network until you get your original.

    Marc, Sep 27, 2004

  3. Bob B

    Gadgets Guest

    Is that because 4.1 has been superseeded?

    Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    Gadgets, Sep 28, 2004
  4. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    Well, today they posted an update to 4.1.3 on their website. I
    suppose they might have decided to not restock the boxes with 4.1.2.
    But I just got my 4.1.2 today and the upgrade worked fine.

    Bob B, Sep 28, 2004
  5. Bob B

    Clyde Torres Guest

    "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    > Well, today they posted an update to 4.1.3 on their website. I
    > suppose they might have decided to not restock the boxes with 4.1.2.
    > But I just got my 4.1.2 today and the upgrade worked fine.
    >

    > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:33:17 GMT, "Gadgets" <info@gadgetaus...com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is that because 4.1 has been superseeded?
    > >
    > >Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    > >Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    Bob, I gave my sister and brother in laws my D70, and they promptly took off
    to Brazil for two years. She has a N70 that she will probably retire,
    because digital is the way to go. I guess what I'm saying is that she is no
    novice to photography, but she is to digital. I told her that her 512 MB
    card will hold 47 NEFs, and she asked what that was. I told her not to
    worry about it, because she'd have to buy Photoshop CS, which costs a ton of
    money for them.

    Now you have me interested in this Nikon Capture 4 stuff, which I thought
    was crap when I tried it. Is it actually pretty good stuff now? Does it do
    what Photoshop CS will do? I now it's not 100%, but can you put a
    quantifier on it?

    Thanks.

    Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres, Sep 29, 2004
  6. Bob B

    Harry Krause Guest

    Clyde Torres wrote:
    > "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    >> Well, today they posted an update to 4.1.3 on their website. I
    >> suppose they might have decided to not restock the boxes with 4.1.2.
    >> But I just got my 4.1.2 today and the upgrade worked fine.
    >>

    >> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:33:17 GMT, "Gadgets" <info@gadgetaus...com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Is that because 4.1 has been superseeded?
    >> >
    >> >Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    >> >Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    > Bob, I gave my sister and brother in laws my D70, and they promptly took off
    > to Brazil for two years. She has a N70 that she will probably retire,
    > because digital is the way to go. I guess what I'm saying is that she is no
    > novice to photography, but she is to digital. I told her that her 512 MB
    > card will hold 47 NEFs, and she asked what that was. I told her not to
    > worry about it, because she'd have to buy Photoshop CS, which costs a ton of
    > money for them.
    >
    > Now you have me interested in this Nikon Capture 4 stuff, which I thought
    > was crap when I tried it. Is it actually pretty good stuff now? Does it do
    > what Photoshop CS will do? I now it's not 100%, but can you put a
    > quantifier on it?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Clyde Torres

    Here's what's new:

    There are numerous feature additions and improvements to this new
    version of Nikon Capture 4.0.

    * Image files now open faster in the Nikon Capture Editor when using
    Windows XP and Windows 2000.
    * The following infrequent problems, with the 'Use Save Progress
    Window' option in the Preferences dialog, have been corrected.
    o When Batch processing was performed with 'NEF (Nikon
    Electronic Image Format)' selected for 'Save as type' and 'Lossless'
    selected for compression type in the Batch dialog, images were sometimes
    saved with no compression applied.
    o When exiting Nikon Capture Editor with unsaved images still
    open the 'Save changes before closing' confirmation dialog was
    displayed, however images were not saved even when the 'Yes' button was
    clicked.
    * When adjusting image resolution using the Size/Resolution palette
    with 'Keep my crop' selected, the image display ratio (zoom ratio) was
    sometimes vastly increased. This problem has been corrected.
    * When Keywords or Captions was edited, this sometimes prevented the
    image from being opened in third party image-management applications,
    this problem has been corrected.

    Compatible OS platform
    Pre-Installed versions of:

    1. Windows XP Home Edition
    2. Windows XP Professional
    3. Windows 2000 Professional
    4. Windows ME Windows 98 SE

    What's included in the download
    Nikon Capture 4.1.3 Update for Windows

    --
    We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
    son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

    What, me worry?

    Harry Krause, Sep 29, 2004
  7. Bob B

    ERich10983 Guest

    >Now you have me interested in this Nikon Capture 4 stuff, which I thought
    >was crap when I tried it. Is it actually pretty good stuff now? Does it do
    >what Photoshop CS will do? I now it's not 100%, but can you put a
    >quantifier on it?

    I'm using PaintShop Pro 9.0 to read and manipulate Raw images from my D70. I've
    never used anything else, but it appears to be capable enough.

    Earle Rich
    Mont Vernon, NH

    ERich10983, Sep 29, 2004
  8. Bob B

    Clyde Torres Guest

    "ERich10983" <> wrote in message
    > >Now you have me interested in this Nikon Capture 4 stuff, which I thought
    > >was crap when I tried it. Is it actually pretty good stuff now? Does it

    do
    > >what Photoshop CS will do? I now it's not 100%, but can you put a
    > >quantifier on it?

    > I'm using PaintShop Pro 9.0 to read and manipulate Raw images from my D70.

    I've
    > never used anything else, but it appears to be capable enough.
    >
    > Earle Rich
    > Mont Vernon, NH

    Hmm, I never even considered this software when I owned my D70, Earle. Now
    that my darn sis-in-law has it, I will tell her about it. Maybe they have a
    trial version that she can test drive.

    Thanks.

    Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres, Sep 29, 2004
  9. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    Irfanview is free and (with all the plugins) will read .nef files and
    convert to .tif or .bmp which could then be used with any number of
    photo editors. I wouldn't (and don't) use Capture as a primary photo
    editor but it has a few features (dust removal, easy emulation of
    revised color balance settings, 16 bit .tif conversion) that are
    attractive.

    Bob B, Sep 29, 2004
  10. Bob B

    Peter Bjoern Guest

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 02:01:03 GMT, "Clyde Torres" <>
    wrote in rec.photo.digital:

    >Hmm, I never even considered this software when I owned my D70, Earle. Now
    >that my darn sis-in-law has it, I will tell her about it. Maybe they have a
    >trial version that she can test drive.

    They have :

    http://www.jasc.com/products/paintshoppro/psptrialreg.asp

    Regards