For those who studied 70-315

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Frank Mamone, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. Frank Mamone

    Frank Mamone Guest

    I have some conflicting information to a question on Globalization.

    In the scenario where you are deploying a multi-language Web Application
    what is the best thing to do:

    A) Ask the user what language to use?
    B) Use the Request object to extract the language used by reading the
    UserLanguages property.

    Kalani recommends that you use a drop-down list as the user can install a
    version of the browser/OS which is not necessarily specific to his location
    which would skew the assumption.

    Transcender recommends choice B.

    What does Microsoft want given those two choices on the same question?

    Thanks,

    Frank
    Frank Mamone, Aug 26, 2004

  2. Frank,
    If my memory serves me correctly, I think that Microsoft wants you to ask
    the user what language to use (Choice A). They recommend choice A, but they
    don't necessarily think that choice B is wrong.

    --
    Lateralus [MCAD.Net]

    Lateralus [MCAD.Net], Aug 26, 2004

  3. Frank Mamone

    Frisbee® Guest

    Lateralus [MCAD.Net] wrote:
    > Frank,
    > If my memory serves me correctly, I think that Microsoft wants you
    > to ask the user what language to use (Choice A). They recommend
    > choice A, but they don't necessarily think that choice B is wrong.

    <ob.nitpick>
    Isn't the .Net part of your handle/sig a bit redundant?
    </ob.nitpick>

    --
    Fris "MCP.Net" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics
    Frisbee®, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Frank Mamone

    Eric Guest

    Lateralus [MCAD.Net] wrote:

    > If my memory serves me correctly, I think that Microsoft wants you
    > to ask the user what language to use (Choice A). They recommend
    > choice A, but they don't necessarily think that choice B is wrong.

    That's what Kalani likes, but I think MS wants you to trust the browser
    setting?

    Eric
    Eric, Aug 26, 2004
  5. Frank Mamone

    Frank Mamone Guest

    True. But this can cost me on the real exam!

    Frank Mamone, Aug 26, 2004
  6. Frank Mamone

    jaspreet Guest

    Hi Everybody,

    If anybody is having Amit Kalani ebook of 70-315 then please mail a

    I can share Amit Kalani ebook of 70-320 in exchnage of it.

    Thanks n Advance.

    Jaspreet
    Eric wrote:
    > *Lateralus [MCAD.Net] wrote:
    >
    > > If my memory serves me correctly, I think that Microsoft want

    > you
    > > to ask the user what language to use (Choice A). They recommend
    > > choice A, but they don't necessarily think that choice B is wrong.

    > That's what Kalani likes, but I think MS wants you to trust th
    > browser
    > setting?
    >
    > Eric * :wha

    -