    to view my Laptop screen to my TV ?
    As always any feedbacks are greatly appreciated.
    Gabe
    GabrielG, Jun 17, 2004

  2. GabrielG

    Brad Griffis Guest

    Usually you have to turn on the S-Video when you hook something up to it.
    Most laptops I've seen use a keystroke such as Fn-F6 to do this. If your Fn
    key is purple then you should see a little purple tv icon on one of your
    keys (it's F6 on mine).

    Another possibility might be to go to Control Panel -> Display and check on
    the Settings tab. You might be able to enable it through there.

    Brad

    Brad Griffis, Jun 17, 2004

  3. GabrielG

    Zdenek Sojka Guest

    Is the default LCD screen working?
    If so, try some hotkey, it should be described in your documentation.
    Ask your notebook's dealer.

    As you wrote, it doesnot work at all - nor when booting nor in BIOS.
    Another problem could be getting it to work under your OS.
    Get prepared, you might need to boot some 'VGA mode' to set TV mode.

    Zdenek Sojka

    Zdenek Sojka, Jun 17, 2004
  4. GabrielG

    Plato Guest

    Brad Griffis wrote:

    > Usually you have to turn on the S-Video when you hook something up to it.
    > Most laptops I've seen use a keystroke such as Fn-F6 to do this. If your Fn
    > key is purple then you should see a little purple tv icon on one of your
    > keys (it's F6 on mine).
    >
    > Another possibility might be to go to Control Panel -> Display and check on
    > the Settings tab. You might be able to enable it through there.

    I've never used S-Video. My question is, is there a similiar thing you
    have to do with desktops or will the S-Video port just work?

    Plato, Jun 18, 2004
  5. GabrielG

    Hans Vlems Guest

    Or Fn-F4

    Hans Vlems, Jun 18, 2004
  6. GabrielG

    Yep Guest

    "Zdenek Sojka" <> wrote in message news:<cat4fr$2dg2$>...
    > Is the default LCD screen working?
    > If so, try some hotkey, it should be described in your documentation.
    > Ask your notebook's dealer.
    >
    > As you wrote, it doesnot work at all - nor when booting nor in BIOS.
    > Another problem could be getting it to work under your OS.
    > Get prepared, you might need to boot some 'VGA mode' to set TV mode.
    >
    > Zdenek Sojka
    >
    > "GabrielG" <> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
    > > I just bought a S video cable for my laptop and is connected to my TV but
    > > it's not working at all. Am missing something else ? What Do I have to do
    > > to view my Laptop screen to my TV ?
    > > As always any feedbacks are greatly appreciated.
    > > Gabe

    I think you need to in this order
    1) plug s video into tv
    2) plug s video into laptop
    3) turn on tv
    4) turn on laptop
    5) go into display proerties and look for an option to change from monitor to TV

    You have to have the TV plugged in and on so that the laptop detects it during boot

    I think :)
    Yep, Jun 18, 2004
  7. GabrielG

    Toshi1873 Guest

    In article
    <>,
    says...
    > I think you need to in this order
    > 1) plug s video into tv
    > 2) plug s video into laptop
    > 3) turn on tv
    > 4) turn on laptop
    > 5) go into display proerties and look for an option to change from monitor to TV
    >
    > You have to have the TV plugged in and on so that the laptop detects it during boot

    On my Toshiba laptop (S3 Graphics SuperSavage chip), I
    don't think you have to worry about timing (as to what
    gets turned on first anymore). But I haven't tested
    that empirically.

    1) Plug the external display into the appropriate port
    (e.g. TV to the S-Video, or external monitor to the back
    VGA plug). Turn the external display on.

    2) Go to your desktop, right-click and go into Display
    Properties. Switch to the "Settings" tab, click on
    "Advanced" button.

    3) On the S3Display tab, you can then pick which devices
    you want to use in combination (you can pick up to two).

    Most other modern graphics drivers should have a similar
    control panel.
    Toshi1873, Jun 19, 2004
  8. GabrielG

    Tabasco1 Guest

    "GabrielG" <> wrote in message
    > I just bought a S video cable for my laptop and is connected to my TV but
    > it's not working at all. Am missing something else ? What Do I have to do
    > to view my Laptop screen to my TV ?
    > As always any feedbacks are greatly appreciated.
    > Gabe

    The Fn key sounds like the right direction to me... Remember that there are
    likely 3+ settings so toggle through them one at a time and don't panic when
    your laptops display goes out!

    You know that you will need to use some more cables for sending the audio
    over right?

    Charles
    Torrance, California
    http://www.tcpslashipdomains.com
    Tabasco1, Jun 19, 2004
  9. GabrielG

    ProfGene Guest

    There are probably sound settings in Control Panel in Display that have to
    be setup for TV out.

    ProfGene, Jun 22, 2004