For those that still use Floppies..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Brian Adams, Sep 23, 2007.

  1. Brian Adams

    Brian Adams Guest

    Old but great tool to copy and format floppies to standard and none standard
    formats etc, you can set the number of tracts and number of sector like the
    80/21 use by MS with its 1680k floppies..

    Work OK with XP when XP no longer formats floppies and the MS 1680k ones..

    I dug this out as XP will no longer do a full format and will not format the
    MS 1680k floppies..

    SH-CopyStar

    Here are a few links for it..

    http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000021209

    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/betriebssystem/24259/sh_copystar.html

    http://lars-schenk.com/history/1994-sh-copystar

    Note: It is in English..

    Brian Adams, Sep 23, 2007

  2. Brian Adams

    thingy Guest

    Brian Adams wrote:

    > Old but great tool to copy and format floppies to standard and none standard
    > formats etc, you can set the number of tracts and number of sector like the
    > 80/21 use by MS with its 1680k floppies..
    >

    > Work OK with XP when XP no longer formats floppies and the MS 1680k ones..
    >

    > I dug this out as XP will no longer do a full format and will not format the
    > MS 1680k floppies..
    >

    > SH-CopyStar
    >
    > Here are a few links for it..
    >
    > http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000021209
    >
    > http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/betriebssystem/24259/sh_copystar.html
    >

    > http://lars-schenk.com/history/1994-sh-copystar
    >

    > Note: It is in English..

    Having just installed XP onto a new box that had a sata drive....I found
    I needed a floppy (somewhat annoying that F6 only allows a
    floppy).....so had to do a mad seacrh up the attic for an old 3.5inch
    drive........

    :/

    regards

    thing

    thingy, Sep 24, 2007

  3. Brian Adams

    Dave Taylor Guest

    thingy <> wrote in news::

    > so had to do a mad seacrh up the attic for an old 3.5inch
    > drive........

    I have an old 5.25 with the ISA controller to go with it too. No, it is
    not in use but I kept it in a junk box because I might need it one day.
    But really, it is nearly useless. I am considering selling the ISA /PCI
    Junk box. I mean, who wants a 1Gig Travan Drive and misc old cards.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Sep 24, 2007
  4. Brian Adams

    EMB Guest

    thingy wrote:

    > Having just installed XP onto a new box that had a sata drive....I found
    > I needed a floppy (somewhat annoying that F6 only allows a
    > floppy).....so had to do a mad seacrh up the attic for an old 3.5inch
    > drive........

    I just keep a USB floppy drive to hand - F6 recognises it ok.

    EMB, Sep 24, 2007