For those that hate Blockbuster Video

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Joe Blow, Jan 2, 2005.

  1. Joe Blow

    Joe Blow Guest

    (1) Rent your favorite films wherever you can get them as cheaply as
    possible, even if it sometimes means shelling out $5 at Blockbuster.
    Me, I'm lucky enough to have nearby video store (which is run by jive
    ass retards who don't know **** all about movies; they also sell
    video games and cellphones, so you have a mental picture of the
    clientele) which rents out DVDs for $1 on weeknights.

    (2) Buy yourself a stack of blank DVDs. You should be able to
    get a stack of 50 from a reputable manufacturer for no more
    than $25, including shipping.

    (3) Go to ebay and procure yourself a hundred or so blank DVD cases
    (that have plastic on the cover for slipping in cover art)

    (3) Download a program like DVDdecrypter or DVDshrink to rip
    and burn your rented DVDs.

    (4) Go to cdcovers.cc or an analogous site to get the DVD cover art
    and CD image. Or scan the DVD cover yourself if you need to, if
    your video store is kind enough to let you go home with a legitimate
    DVD case.

    ....and voila, you have your own DVD for the rest of your life. If you
    can rent a DVD for $2.50, say, then apart from the bit of time involved
    I'd say you can have your favorite DVD for a price of less than $3.50.

    God bless bittorrent and the codebreakers of the world. Oh yeah, screw
    Blockbuster.

    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 2, 2005

  2. In article <fFJBd.47924$>,
    Joe Blow <> wrote:

    > God bless bittorrent and the codebreakers of the world. Oh yeah, screw
    > Blockbuster.

    Oh, yeah...and **** the artists whose blood, sweat, and tears bring you
    all these film you've just ripped off.

    Joe Blow - you are a ****.
    Urra Dipschitt, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Joe Blow

    Aphelion Guest

    > Joe Blow - you are a ****.

    I second that. A steaming infected one at that.

    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Joe Blow

    Joe Blow Guest

    Urra Dipschitt wrote:
    > In article <fFJBd.47924$>,
    > Joe Blow <> wrote:
    >

    >>God bless bittorrent and the codebreakers of the world. Oh yeah, screw
    >>Blockbuster.

    > Oh, yeah...and **** the artists whose blood, sweat, and tears bring you
    > all these film you've just ripped off.
    >
    > Joe Blow - you are a ****.

    Why? A video was rented. Never burned a CD or made a tape for
    anyone, eh? What's that? You have? Then **** off and die you
    bloody hypocrite. You've been aced. Now shut the **** up.

    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 2, 2005
  5. Joe Blow

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Joe Blow wrote:
    > Urra Dipschitt wrote:
    >> In article <fFJBd.47924$>,
    >> Joe Blow <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> God bless bittorrent and the codebreakers of the world. Oh yeah,
    >>> screw Blockbuster.

    >> Oh, yeah...and **** the artists whose blood, sweat, and tears bring
    >> you all these film you've just ripped off.
    >>
    >> Joe Blow - you are a ****.

    > Why? A video was rented.

    You have no right to copy it.

    > Never burned a CD or made a tape for
    > anyone, eh? What's that? You have? Then **** off and die you
    > bloody hypocrite. You've been aced. Now shut the **** up.

    A transparent attempt to deflect responsibility, while avoiding the real
    issue. Your suggestion stunk, and doesn't hurt Blockbuster at all - it does
    hurt the originating artists who created the work.

    Mike Kohary, Jan 2, 2005
  6. Joe Blow wrote:
    > Urra Dipschitt wrote:
    >
    >> In article <fFJBd.47924$>,
    >> Joe Blow <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> God bless bittorrent and the codebreakers of the world. Oh yeah,
    >>> screw Blockbuster.

    >> Oh, yeah...and **** the artists whose blood, sweat, and tears bring
    >> you all these film you've just ripped off.
    >>
    >> Joe Blow - you are a ****.

    > Why? A video was rented. Never burned a CD or made a tape for
    > anyone, eh? What's that? You have? Then **** off and die you
    > bloody hypocrite. You've been aced. Now shut the **** up.
    >
    > JB

    Guess what, JB. Most people here have done that. The difference here is
    that we learned that it is wrong and want to support the folks that make
    films. Don't come here and try to justify your bad behavior with others
    past bad behavior. You have been aced! By the way I just got my point
    across without vulgarity, unlike you, you unintelligent thief.

    Einstein
    Albert Einstein, Jan 2, 2005
  7. Joe Blow

    Joe Blow Guest

    Mike Kohary wrote:
    > Joe Blow wrote:
    >>Urra Dipschitt wrote:

    >>>Oh, yeah...and **** the artists whose blood, sweat, and tears bring
    >>>you all these film you've just ripped off.
    >>>
    >>>Joe Blow - you are a ****.

    >>Why? A video was rented.

    > You have no right to copy it.

    Uh huh. What we have here is another hypocrite, this time named
    Mike Kohary, who implicitly claims he's never copied anything -- music,
    movies, tv programs, or otherwise -- for his own use or for anyone else
    in his entire life. Give it up pal. You know you're a liar if you
    say otherwise, and I never claimed to suggest anything legal according
    to Hoyle, if that's your game.

    >>Never burned a CD or made a tape for
    >>anyone, eh? What's that? You have? Then **** off and die you
    >>bloody hypocrite. You've been aced. Now shut the **** up.

    > A transparent attempt to deflect responsibility, while avoiding the real
    > issue. Your suggestion stunk, and doesn't hurt Blockbuster at all - it does
    > hurt the originating artists who created the work.

    Spoken like a true shill for the industry, who undoubtedly would like to
    see blank CD/DVD media outlawed and who would love to charge your sorry
    ass $10 per rental for the convenience of being able to take it home.

    Besides, the main point is that if you, your friends, or anyone else
    goes to Blockbuster, and you share your copy of the film with them
    instead, or if you avoid repeat rentals, then you ARE hurting
    Blockbuster, you dumb ****.

    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 2, 2005
  8. Joe Blow

    Joe Blow Guest

    Albert Einstein wrote:
    > Guess what, JB. Most people here have done that. The difference here is
    > that we learned that it is wrong and want to support the folks that make

    Heh heh heh...oh yeah? And just how did you edumacate yourself about
    how "wrong" it was? Somebody threatened to sue your ass? Or is it
    that, like many here, you appear to be a shill for the movie industry?
    Do they pay you guys to creep around here or something? No wait...we're
    supposed to believe that your therapist convinced you about the evil
    of your ways, right?

    > films. Don't come here and try to justify your bad behavior with others
    > past bad behavior. You have been aced! By the way I just got my point
    > across without vulgarity, unlike you, you unintelligent thief.

    Albert, you paved the way for nuclear weaponry, so shut your dumb ass
    up and refrain from giving anybody lectures on morality.

    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 2, 2005
  9. Joe Blow

    Joe Blow Guest

    Aphelion wrote:

    >>Joe Blow - you are a ****.

    > I second that. A steaming infected one at that.
    >

    > Aphelion

    Hey dipshit, guess what? No more late fees at Blockbuster!
    It's over...it's over...it's over...it's like so beautifal
    maaaannnnn.....so hurry your sorry deluded butt over to the
    "new Blockbuster!" Rent rent rent with America's favorite
    monopoly! Whooopeeeeee

    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 2, 2005
  10. Joe Blow

    luminos Guest

    "Joe Blow" <> wrote in message
    > Mike Kohary wrote:
    >> Joe Blow wrote:

    >>>Why? A video was rented.

    >> You have no right to copy it.

    > Uh huh. What we have here is another hypocrite, this time named
    > Mike Kohary, who implicitly claims he's never copied anything -- music,
    > movies, tv programs, or otherwise -- for his own use or for anyone else
    > in his entire life. Give it up pal. You know you're a liar if you
    > say otherwise, and I never claimed to suggest anything legal according
    > to Hoyle, if that's your game.
    >

    >>>Never burned a CD or made a tape for
    >>>anyone, eh? What's that? You have? Then **** off and die you
    >>>bloody hypocrite. You've been aced. Now shut the **** up.

    >> A transparent attempt to deflect responsibility, while avoiding the real
    >> issue. Your suggestion stunk, and doesn't hurt Blockbuster at all - it
    >> does hurt the originating artists who created the work.

    > Spoken like a true shill for the industry, who undoubtedly would like to
    > see blank CD/DVD media outlawed and who would love to charge your sorry
    > ass $10 per rental for the convenience of being able to take it home.
    >
    > Besides, the main point is that if you, your friends, or anyone else
    > goes to Blockbuster, and you share your copy of the film with them
    > instead, or if you avoid repeat rentals, then you ARE hurting Blockbuster,
    > you dumb ****.
    >
    > JB

    I will be happy to copy your work and take all profits from you. Just
    email.
    luminos, Jan 2, 2005
  11. Joe Blow

    Joe Blow Guest

    luminos wrote:
    > "Joe Blow" <> wrote in message
    >
    > I will be happy to copy your work and take all profits from you. Just
    > email.

    Sure. Just send me $5 first. Mail it in cash to

    Joe Blow
    P.O. Box 1433
    Stone Mountain, GA 30083

    Please send also the vast evidence showing that artists
    are suffering in the current climate of technology.

    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 2, 2005
  12. Joe Blow

    luminos Guest

    "luminos" <> wrote in message

    > "Joe Blow" <> wrote in message
    >> Mike Kohary wrote:

    >>> You have no right to copy it.

    >> Uh huh. What we have here is another hypocrite, this time named
    >> Mike Kohary, who implicitly claims he's never copied anything -- music,
    >> movies, tv programs, or otherwise -- for his own use or for anyone else
    >> in his entire life. Give it up pal. You know you're a liar if you
    >> say otherwise, and I never claimed to suggest anything legal according
    >> to Hoyle, if that's your game.

    >>> A transparent attempt to deflect responsibility, while avoiding the real
    >>> issue. Your suggestion stunk, and doesn't hurt Blockbuster at all - it
    >>> does hurt the originating artists who created the work.

    >> Spoken like a true shill for the industry, who undoubtedly would like to
    >> see blank CD/DVD media outlawed and who would love to charge your sorry
    >> ass $10 per rental for the convenience of being able to take it home.
    >>
    >> Besides, the main point is that if you, your friends, or anyone else
    >> goes to Blockbuster, and you share your copy of the film with them
    >> instead, or if you avoid repeat rentals, then you ARE hurting
    >> Blockbuster, you dumb ****.
    >>
    >> JB

    > I will be happy to copy your work and take all profits from you. Just
    > email.

    And if you did not understand that as satire, I have some psychologists you
    can see for a fee.
    luminos, Jan 2, 2005
  13. Joe Blow

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Joe Blow wrote:
    > Mike Kohary wrote:
    >> Joe Blow wrote:

    >>> Why? A video was rented.

    >> You have no right to copy it.

    > Uh huh. What we have here is another hypocrite, this time named
    > Mike Kohary, who implicitly claims he's never copied anything

    Don't change the subject. You don't have the right to copy something you
    rent from the store, period.

    >> A transparent attempt to deflect responsibility, while avoiding the
    >> real issue. Your suggestion stunk, and doesn't hurt Blockbuster at
    >> all - it does hurt the originating artists who created the work.

    > Spoken like a true shill for the industry, who undoubtedly would like
    > to see blank CD/DVD media outlawed and who would love to charge your
    > sorry ass $10 per rental for the convenience of being able to take it
    > home.

    I'm actually an advocate for loosening up the copyright laws and the total
    abolishment of the DMCA, genius. I think corporations have a huge advantage
    over consumers when it comes to copyright, frequently squelching perfectly
    legitimate fair use rights. If you'd been here in this newsgroup for more
    than a week, you'd know that, as I've posted many, many times my support for
    the fair use rights of consumers.

    But copying a video from the rental store isn't fair use, it's stealing.

    > Besides, the main point is that if you, your friends, or anyone else
    > goes to Blockbuster, and you share your copy of the film with them
    > instead, or if you avoid repeat rentals, then you ARE hurting
    > Blockbuster

    And why would I want to do that?

    Mike Kohary, Jan 2, 2005
  14. Joe Blow

    Otter Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 03:13:15 GMT, Joe Blow <>
    wrote:

    >...and voila, you have your own DVD for the rest of your life. If you
    >can rent a DVD for $2.50, say, then apart from the bit of time involved
    >I'd say you can have your favorite DVD for a price of less than $3.50.

    ....and it's also illegal. I'm not sure what this has to do with
    disliking Blockbuster, but I think you're missing the point. If I
    want to rent a major Hollywood title, like "Troy", I can rent it. But
    if I want to rent something like "Paris, Texas" a place like
    Blockbuster is unlikely to carry it. In fact I have a small list of
    films out on DVD that I'd like to rent but none of the Blockbusters
    and Hollywood Videos have any of them. BB and HV have closed down or
    bought out all the independants in my area.

    Oh, to have a video store which caters to the film lover and not to
    Average Joe looking for something to do on a Friday night.

    -Otter
    Otter, Jan 2, 2005
  15. Joe Blow

    Joe Blow Guest

    Otter wrote:
    > On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 03:13:15 GMT, Joe Blow <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>...and voila, you have your own DVD for the rest of your life. If you
    >>can rent a DVD for $2.50, say, then apart from the bit of time involved
    >>I'd say you can have your favorite DVD for a price of less than $3.50.

    > ...and it's also illegal. I'm not sure what this has to do with
    > disliking Blockbuster, but I think you're missing the point. If I
    > want to rent a major Hollywood title, like "Troy", I can rent it. But
    > if I want to rent something like "Paris, Texas" a place like
    > Blockbuster is unlikely to carry it. In fact I have a small list of
    > films out on DVD that I'd like to rent but none of the Blockbusters
    > and Hollywood Videos have any of them. BB and HV have closed down or
    > bought out all the independants in my area.
    >
    > Oh, to have a video store which caters to the film lover and not to
    > Average Joe looking for something to do on a Friday night.
    >
    > -Otter

    I'll alter my philosophy slightly. Rent numerous movies from
    Blockbusters, ones you like, burn copies of them all, and distribute
    them prolifically to as many people as you can on the planet. Make
    your friends happy and simultaneously cut into the profits of Hollywood
    "artists" who are primarily churning out doo-doo. Help stimulate
    black-market economies in the English speaking world.

    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 2, 2005
  16. Joe Blow

    Justin Guest

    Joe Blow wrote on [Sun, 02 Jan 2005 06:09:07 GMT]:
    > Aphelion wrote:
    >
    >>>Joe Blow - you are a ****.

    >> I second that. A steaming infected one at that.
    >>

    >> Aphelion
    >>

    > Hey dipshit, guess what? No more late fees at Blockbuster!
    > It's over...it's over...it's over...it's like so beautifal
    > maaaannnnn.....so hurry your sorry deluded butt over to the
    > "new Blockbuster!" Rent rent rent with America's favorite
    > monopoly! Whooopeeeeee

    America's favourite monopoly is Microsoft. Blockbuster is far from a
    monopoly.
    Justin, Jan 2, 2005
  17. Joe Blow

    Justin Guest

    Not everyone is a thieving **** like you.
    Justin, Jan 2, 2005
  18. Joe Blow

    Joe Blow Guest

    luminos wrote:
    >>I will be happy to copy your work and take all profits from you. Just
    >>email.
    >>

    > And if you did not understand that as satire, I have some psychologists you
    > can see for a fee.

    You're the one talking to yourself here, buddy.

    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 2, 2005
  19. Joe Blow

    Jay G. Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 08:37:54 GMT, Joe Blow wrote:

    > I'll alter my philosophy slightly. Rent numerous movies from
    > Blockbusters, ones you like, burn copies of them all, and distribute
    > them prolifically to as many people as you can on the planet. Make
    > your friends happy and simultaneously cut into the profits of Hollywood
    > "artists" who are primarily churning out doo-doo. Help stimulate
    > black-market economies in the English speaking world.

    Why would it be good to financially hurt the films I *like*? And if you're
    so against Blockbuster, why do you keep suggesting giving them money
    instead of stealing the films outright?

    And why would it be a good thing to stimulate black-market economies?

    -Jay
    Jay G., Jan 2, 2005
  20. Joe Blow

    Jodster Guest

    Yeah! . .and pity all those actors getting $20,000,000 a film. That's a lot
    of blood, sweat and tears ;-)
    and pity all those Billionaire studio tycoons whose pockets yoy just picked.
    Heaven forbid they'd lost their 120 ft. yacht.

    Jodster, Jan 2, 2005