For the Pentax Fans.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike, Apr 1, 2012.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Mike, Apr 1, 2012

  2. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Mike, Apr 1, 2012

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Mike, Apr 1, 2012
  4. Mike

    Nick Fotis Guest

    On 02/04/2012 03:16, RichA wrote:

    > Kind of sorry I sold my K20D and it's extensive lens kit. Especially
    > since I got a lot of them before Pentax got greedy and stupid and
    > raised prices on some hugely while introducing lesser lenses to
    > replace others.
    > One thing is SURE. No one save real Pentax fans are going to invest
    > in FF gear with zero large teles.

    And if you look at the end of the announcement, you will get this
    clarification:

    "Update: If you're gotten this far, we hope you also realize that today
    is April Fool's. With that said, we hope to have the pleasure of making
    this announcement for real at some point in the near future!"

    N.F.
    Nick Fotis, Apr 4, 2012
  5. Mike

    Bruce Guest

    Nick Fotis <> wrote:

    >On 02/04/2012 03:16, RichA wrote:
    >
    >> Kind of sorry I sold my K20D and it's extensive lens kit. Especially
    >> since I got a lot of them before Pentax got greedy and stupid and
    >> raised prices on some hugely while introducing lesser lenses to
    >> replace others.
    >> One thing is SURE. No one save real Pentax fans are going to invest
    >> in FF gear with zero large teles.

    >And if you look at the end of the announcement, you will get this
    >clarification:
    >
    >"Update: If you're gotten this far, we hope you also realize that today
    >is April Fool's. With that said, we hope to have the pleasure of making
    >this announcement for real at some point in the near future!"

    What a pity. I wanted one to go with my 24 MP Nikon D3200. ;-)
    Bruce, Apr 4, 2012
  6. On Sun, 1 Apr 2012, RichA wrote:

    > Kind of sorry I sold my K20D and it's extensive lens kit. Especially
    > since I got a lot of them before Pentax got greedy and stupid and
    > raised prices on some hugely while introducing lesser lenses to
    > replace others.
    > One thing is SURE. No one save real Pentax fans are going to invest
    > in FF gear with zero large teles.

    Most people who use DSLRs do not use large telephotos. 400mm and up are
    basically specialty lenses; absoloutely required for certain work, but
    never used by the vast majority of photographers.

    I think superwide tilt-shift lenses are boss. It would be silly of me to
    say "nobody would buy camera from a company that doesn't have a superwide
    tilt-shift lens". It's a specialty lens.

    -Ryan McGinnis
    The BIG Storm Picture: http://bigstormpicture.com PGP Key 0x65115E4C
    Follow my storm chasing adventures at http://bigstormpicture.blogspot.com
    Images@Getty: http://bit.ly/oDW1pT Images@Alamy:[url]http://bit.ly/aMH6Qd[/url]
    Ryan McGinnis, Apr 4, 2012
  7. Mike

    corky Guest

    On Apr 4, 10:21 am, Nick Fotis <> wrote:
    > On 02/04/2012 03:16, RichA wrote:
    >
    > > Kind of sorry I sold my K20D and it's extensive lens kit.  Especially
    > > since I got a lot of them before Pentax got greedy and stupid and
    > > raised prices on some hugely while introducing lesser lenses to
    > > replace others.
    > > One thing is SURE.  No one save real Pentax fans are going to invest
    > > in FF gear with zero large teles.

    > And if you look at the end of the announcement, you will get this
    > clarification:
    >
    > "Update: If you're gotten this far, we hope you also realize that today
    > is April Fool's.  With that said, we hope to have the pleasure of making
    > this announcement for real at some point in the near future!"
    >
    > N.F.

    Ricoh makes nice Pentax cameras.
    corky, May 4, 2012