For Sale- Winsor McCay DVD- cheap!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Paul, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I have for sale a brand new (sealed) DVD titled "Animation
    Legend - Winsor McCay". Here is some information on the DVD"s contents
    straight from Amazon.com:

    Release Information:
    Studio: E-Realbiz.Com
    DVD Release Date: January 12, 1999
    Run Time: 100 minutes
    Production Company: Slingshot/Lumivision
    Package Type: Keep Case

    Aspect Ratio(s):

    Full Screen (Standard) - 1.33:1

    Discographic Information:
    DVD Encoding: All Regions
    Layers: Single
    Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)

    Edition Details:
    • Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable
    in other countries.) Read more about DVD formats.
    • Color, Black & White, Animated
    • "Animation Legend: Winsor McCay" was windowboxed during the digital
    transfer, black borders appearing on all four sides of the picture, with
    no loss of image.
    • Titles Include: McCay's first film, the stunning hand-colored "Little
    Nemo" (1911), taken directly from the only known 35mm print in
    existence, How A Mosquito Operates (1912), Gertie The Dinosaur (1914),
    the dark and disturbing propaganda masterpiece, The Sinking Of The
    Lusitania (1918), The Pet (1921), Bug Vaudeville (1921) and The Flying
    House (1921). Plus the extremely rare Gertie On Tour, The Centaurs &
    Flip's Circus.

    I am asking only $12.00 plus $3.00 to cover shipping/handling
    anywhere in the U.S. I will accept checks (which will be held for 5 days
    to ensure that they clear) and money orders. Please email me if you are
    interested or have any questions.

    Also, if you know of anyone (or any other groups/lists) who
    might be interested, please feel free to forward this message to them.
    Thank you! :)

    -Paul.
    Paul, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Paul

    Chika Guest

    In article <>,
    Paul <> wrote:
    > " Titles Include: McCay's first film, the stunning hand-colored "Little
    > Nemo" (1911), taken directly from the only known 35mm print in
    > existence, How A Mosquito Operates (1912), Gertie The Dinosaur (1914),
    > the dark and disturbing propaganda masterpiece, The Sinking Of The
    > Lusitania (1918), The Pet (1921), Bug Vaudeville (1921) and The Flying
    > House (1921). Plus the extremely rare Gertie On Tour, The Centaurs &
    > Flip's Circus.

    I have this on VHS. Some of the above is incomplete, mostly because a lot
    of it has deteriorated beyond recall. That includes the Gertie on Tour,
    Centaurs and Flips' Circus, plus the Flying House is taken from a 16mm
    copy, with extra bits from the 35mm original added where they still exist.
    It's certainly worth it, however, if you are into the history of animation.

    (btw, Region 1 DVD's operate outside the US/Canada, but only if you have a
    player that can override or ignore region code settings. Also be careful
    if you are using a colour/frame system that is different to the US, i.e.
    NTSC colour system over 525 lines at 60Hz).

    [f/u's to rec.arts.animation]

    --
    //\ // Chika <. - ROT13>
    // \// The second ZFC coming <crashnet.org.uk/zedeffcee>

    .... File not found. I'll load something *I* think is interesting.
    Chika, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Chika <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > Paul <> wrote:
    > > " Titles Include: McCay's first film, the stunning hand-colored "Little
    > > Nemo" (1911), taken directly from the only known 35mm print in
    > > existence, How A Mosquito Operates (1912), Gertie The Dinosaur (1914),
    > > the dark and disturbing propaganda masterpiece, The Sinking Of The
    > > Lusitania (1918), The Pet (1921), Bug Vaudeville (1921) and The Flying
    > > House (1921). Plus the extremely rare Gertie On Tour, The Centaurs &
    > > Flip's Circus.

    > I have this on VHS. Some of the above is incomplete, mostly because a lot
    > of it has deteriorated beyond recall. That includes the Gertie on Tour,
    > Centaurs and Flips' Circus, plus the Flying House is taken from a 16mm
    > copy, with extra bits from the 35mm original added where they still exist.
    > It's certainly worth it, however, if you are into the history of animation.
    >
    > (btw, Region 1 DVD's operate outside the US/Canada, but only if you have a
    > player that can override or ignore region code settings. Also be careful
    > if you are using a colour/frame system that is different to the US, i.e.
    > NTSC colour system over 525 lines at 60Hz).
    >
    > [f/u's to rec.arts.animation]

    Also ... Milestone will be releasing a Master Edition DVD of their
    Winsor McCay title.

    Any word on when that will be ready, Mr. D?

    Rick
    Rick Levinson, Apr 27, 2004