    --
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the
    good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.

    Lord Elohim, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Lord Elohim

    R2D2 Guest

    "Lord Elohim" <> wrote in
    news:bps2ug$h6u$:

    > Purchased new about 4 months ago, I am looking to upgrade again. It
    > has been used for about 300-500 pictures, all indoors. The camera is
    > in absolute mint condition, and has everything that was with it in the
    > box, but no box. Camera, 16 MB xD picture card, USB cable, software,
    > manuals, wrist strap. I am asking $200, plus $10 shipping

    What a rip off. You can buy the same camera brand new for $200 INCLUDING
    SHIPPING from http://www.BeachCamera.com and they are a 4.5 star merchant
    on Pricegrabber. Buydig is selling it for $188 new. Here are the recent
    prices for this camera:

    http://tinyurl.com/wa59

    You can see that there are many quality places that are selling this camera
    new (with full warranty and no wear-and-tear) for what this guy is selling
    used with no box.

    > This is an amazing camera, and the quality is superb.

    Bullshit. I've seen the results. Terrible skin tones, no AF lamp, no manual
    controls, no uncompressed file format, distortion, vignetting, jaggies,
    fringing....the list goes on. And you've only used it indoors and claim
    that the quality is superb? LMAO!

    R2D2, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Lord Elohim

    Lord Elohim Guest

    >What a rip off. You can buy the same camera brand new for $200 INCLUDING
    SHIPPING from http://www.BeachCamera.com and they are a 4.5 star merchant
    on Pricegrabber. Buydig is selling it for $188 new. Here are the recent
    prices for this camera:

    http://tinyurl.com/wa59

    You can see that there are many quality places that are selling this camera
    new (with full warranty and no wear-and-tear) for what this guy is selling
    used with no box.

    Wow, that is the closest thing to a flame I have ever seen, without it
    actually crossing the threshold into "flame." Yes, BeachCamera does have
    it, it is $191 refurbished, and $219 otherwise. I am not trying to rip
    anyone off. I know how much I paid, and I know how great it has been for
    me. The price is negociable, and I am throwing in a ton of batteries for
    the holidays.

    > This is an amazing camera, and the quality is superb.

    >Bullshit. I've seen the results. Terrible skin tones, no AF lamp, no manual

    controls, no uncompressed file format, distortion, vignetting, jaggies,
    fringing....the list goes on. And you've only used it indoors and claim
    that the quality is superb? LMAO!

    I have taken numerous shots of people, and skin tones never come out badly.
    It sounds like you are making assumptions based on what you have read, and
    have no actual experience with the camera. I can provide sample pictures, I
    have never experienced distortion, if you know how to work it properly. I
    don't see what file format has to do with anything. I have no idea why you
    would have anything against someone trying to make an honest sale, but you
    seem to have it in for me. I am new to photography, and I am ready to move
    up. I paid close to $300 just a few months ago, and generally speaking, the
    camera is barely used. If you want to flame me, try using email.

    Lord Elohim, Nov 24, 2003
  4. Lord Elohim

    R2D2 Guest

    "Lord Elohim" <> wrote in

    > If you want to flame me, try using email.

    Sorry. I was not flaming you. I was just pointing out that people can buy
    the camera new for about what you are asking used with no box. Just because
    you paid $300 for the camera, does not mean that is the current value. I've
    seen the results firsthand from that camera and it really sucks. And this
    is not the appropriate group to post that to.

    R2D2, Nov 24, 2003
  5. Lord Elohim

    Bill Kiene Guest

    Oh Lord,

    Woops...........................looks like your camera just slipped to about
    $100 and falling?

    I just gave away a slightly used D450 to a young friend so he can get
    started.

    Have no idea what to do with my used, not to expensive in the first place,
    film cameras?

    I moved up to 3 Megapickle (that means a large pickle for those of you
    without any sense of humor).

    --
    Bill Kiene

    Bill Kiene, Nov 25, 2003
  6. Lord Elohim

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    R2D2 <> wrote in message news:<Xns943D6D64FF4BR2D2starwarsjedi@130.133.1.4>...
    > "Lord Elohim" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Purchased new about 4 months ago, I am looking to upgrade again. It
    > > has been used for about 300-500 pictures, all indoors. The camera is
    > > in absolute mint condition, and has everything that was with it in the
    > > box, but no box. Camera, 16 MB xD picture card, USB cable, software,
    > > manuals, wrist strap. I am asking $200, plus $10 shipping

    > What a rip off. You can buy the same camera brand new for $200 INCLUDING
    > SHIPPING from http://www.BeachCamera.com and they are a 4.5 star merchant
    > on Pricegrabber. Buydig is selling it for $188 new. Here are the recent
    > prices for this camera:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/wa59

    The camera used to sell for $280 new.

    The price has dropped so a legitimate dealer can sell it for $230.

    The guy's asking $200... but he'd probably take $160 including
    shipping.

    > You can see that there are many quality places that are selling this camera
    > new (with full warranty and no wear-and-tear) for what this guy is selling
    > used with no box.

    The camera is claimed to be "mint."

    So no "wear and tear."

    > > This is an amazing camera, and the quality is superb.

    > Bullshit. I've seen the results. Terrible skin tones, no AF lamp, no manual
    > controls, no uncompressed file format, distortion, vignetting, jaggies,
    > fringing....the list goes on. And you've only used it indoors and claim
    > that the quality is superb? LMAO!

    I own one and the quality of the picts is fantastic.

    Any store claiming to sell this cam new right now for under $200 is
    gonna charge extra for something.... believe me.

    If it's too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

    Try resellerratings.com

    Keep in mind that lots of illegitimate dealers know how to get good
    recommendations for themselves.

    Dan Sullivan, Nov 25, 2003