FOR SALE: IBM Minicomputer AS400e 9402-600

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by DONOTREPLY, Feb 23, 2006.

  1. DONOTREPLY

    DONOTREPLY Guest

    DONOTREPLY, Feb 23, 2006

  2. DONOTREPLY

    cyril Guest

    Re: FOR SALE: IBM Minicomputer AS400e 9402-600

    aaron, I dont want to buy your computer, but your phone number is not a
    NZ number, but a local number. I guess you live in Auckland, so I take
    it the rest of the country dont care.
    cyril, Feb 23, 2006

  3. DONOTREPLY

    JohnO Guest

    cyril wrote:
    > aaron, I dont want to buy your computer, but your phone number is not a
    > NZ number, but a local number. I guess you live in Auckland, so I take
    > it the rest of the country dont care.

    Its not an Auckland number. Its worse than that, Cy.

    He's in the <gasp>.... NORTH SHORE!!!!
    JohnO, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Re: FOR SALE: IBM Minicomputer AS400e 9402-600

    On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:26:54 -0800, JohnO wrote:

    > cyril wrote:
    >> aaron, I dont want to buy your computer, but your phone number is not a
    >> NZ number, but a local number. I guess you live in Auckland, so I take
    >> it the rest of the country dont care.

    > Its not an Auckland number. Its worse than that, Cy.
    >
    > He's in the <gasp>.... NORTH SHORE!!!!

    In any case it's not a NZ telephone Number - it's north of the Bombay
    Hills. ;o)

    He said that he wanted $1000 for it a year ago.

    how many CPUs? How much RAM? What's the clock speed? What sort of graphics
    card(s)? What software comes with it? And why so many very small HDDs?

    And what would he hope to get for it in the first quarter of AD2006?

    A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    A: because it messes up threading
    Q: why should I not reply by top-posting?
    A Nice Cup of Tea, Feb 24, 2006
  5. DONOTREPLY

    JohnO Guest

    A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:26:54 -0800, JohnO wrote:
    >

    > > cyril wrote:
    > >> aaron, I dont want to buy your computer, but your phone number is not a
    > >> NZ number, but a local number. I guess you live in Auckland, so I take
    > >> it the rest of the country dont care.

    > > Its not an Auckland number. Its worse than that, Cy.
    > >
    > > He's in the <gasp>.... NORTH SHORE!!!!

    > In any case it's not a NZ telephone Number - it's north of the Bombay
    > Hills. ;o)

    Heh!

    Q: Why did they build the Sky Tower?
    A: Aucklanders wanted do see if there was intelligent life south of the
    Bombay Hills!

    > He said that he wanted $1000 for it a year ago.
    >
    > how many CPUs? How much RAM? > What's the clock speed? What sort of graphics
    > card(s)? What software comes with it? And why so many very small HDDs?
    >
    > And what would he hope to get for it in the first quarter of AD2006?

    <Chuckle>

    JohnO, Feb 24, 2006
  6. Re: FOR SALE: IBM Minicomputer AS400e 9402-600

    On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:14:04 -0800, JohnO wrote:

    > Q: Why did they build the Sky Tower?
    > A: Aucklanders wanted do see if there was intelligent life south of the
    > Bombay Hills!

    LOL! Nice!

    Actually, the view from the Sky Tower is quite impressive. :eek:)

    A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    A: because it messes up threading
    Q: why should I not reply by top-posting?
    A Nice Cup of Tea, Feb 24, 2006
  7. DONOTREPLY

    Jasen Betts Guest

    Re: FOR SALE: IBM Minicomputer AS400e 9402-600

    ["Followup-To:" header set to nz.wanted.]
    On 2006-02-24, A Nice Cup of Tea <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:26:54 -0800, JohnO wrote:
    >

    >> cyril wrote:
    >>> aaron, I dont want to buy your computer, but your phone number is not a
    >>> NZ number, but a local number. I guess you live in Auckland, so I take
    >>> it the rest of the country dont care.

    >> Its not an Auckland number. Its worse than that, Cy.
    >>
    >> He's in the <gasp>.... NORTH SHORE!!!!

    > In any case it's not a NZ telephone Number - it's north of the Bombay
    > Hills. ;o)
    >
    > He said that he wanted $1000 for it a year ago.
    >
    > how many CPUs? How much RAM? What's the clock speed? What sort of graphics
    > card(s)? What software comes with it? And why so many very small HDDs?

    Disks are probably some sort of RAID

    > And what would he hope to get for it in the first quarter of AD2006?

    He probably wants someone to take it off him.

    Bye.
    Jasen
    Jasen Betts, Feb 24, 2006