FOR SALE: Canon G3 Digital Camera $450

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ReadingPAPhoto, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. FOR SALE:

    PHOTO: http://members.aol.com/readingpaphoto/canong3332.jpg

    USED camera, in very good condition, with original box and all accessories and
    in perfect working order (used about 6 months):

    -Canon G3 4.0 MegaPixel Digital Camera with 4x Optical/4x Digital Zoom
    with loose change, sorry )

    I enjoyed this camera very much, and always found it took amazing photos!
    Please see photo included of actual item and accessories!
    Will ship via priority mail with tracking number, fully insured.

    PHOTO: http://members.aol.com/readingpaphoto/canong3332.jpg

    EMAIL: if interested.
    Price $450 /Shipping
    ReadingPAPhoto, Sep 13, 2003

  2. ReadingPAPhoto

    JK Guest

    For sale notices are not allowed here. This is a discussion group.
    For sale notices should be placed in rec.photo.marketplace.digital.
    JK, Sep 13, 2003

  3. ReadingPAPhoto

    WebKatz Guest

    "JK" <> wrote in message
    > For sale notices are not allowed here. This is a discussion group.
    > For sale notices should be placed in rec.photo.marketplace.digital.

    Too late. Come on, take the pledge...

    From: (DaVidaMundi)
    Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
    Subject: Re: ALL Newsgroup Participants
    Date: 31 Aug 2003 09:20:08 -0700

    Would you knock this crap off!!! I am sooooooooooo tired of it.

    You can't stop private FA posts.

    You can't stop private FA posts.

    You can't stop private FA posts.

    You can (to paraphrase) threaten, accuse, bully, name call, and spam -
    but that's all after the fact and it still ain't gonna do you any
    good. And, note to net nannies, some people LIKE annoying you, and the
    more you complain the more they rub your noses in it.

    EBay will never yank Joe Blow's auction.

    Never ever. Never ever. Never ever. Never ever. Never ever. Never
    ever. Never ever.

    No ISP is ever gonna pull somebody's service because they posted to
    r.p.d instead of marketplace. They don't care! And even it they did,
    the original FA post is still there!!!

    Duh!?!

    I count about 1000 posts in rec.photo.digital.marketplace since
    6/5/03. Tony, John, Steve, Webkatz, Bart, Brian, me,etc... have GOT to
    have posted more times than that here. Hell, never mind the volume -
    based on the sheer amount of acrimony these FA follow-up posts and
    general bickering have created, I would gladly exchange 2000 FA posts
    for all of the crap these clowns have spewed (sorry).

    Wanna fix it?

    1. Stop replying to FA posts. I don't care what you have to say about
    them, pro or con, it ain't gonna help.
    2. Stop net copping - who the f*ck put you in charge anyway?
    3. Stop net copping the net cops. It's an obsession, they can't help
    it, and who the f*ck put you in charge either?
    4. Stop posting the goddamn charter.

    There.

    Like my proposal? Great. Live by it; just don't go flapping your gums
    about it.

    Don't like my proposal? Fine. Do what you want; just don't go flapping
    your gums about it either.

    Want to discuss this proposal? Do it somewhere other than here!!!

    Viva!
    WebKatz, Sep 13, 2003
  4. ReadingPAPhoto

    JK Guest

    I responded properly, as others often respond in a very nasty and abusive
    manner when for sale notices are placed here. I will assume that the poster
    didn't know any better. It is important to respond properly to the for sale
    notices here, otherwise this newsgroup might become overwhelmed with
    many for sale notices.

    JK, Sep 13, 2003
  5. ReadingPAPhoto

    JK Guest

    That is what rec.photo.marketplace.digital. is for. I am also educating people
    about that newsgroup when making these posts.

    JK, Sep 13, 2003
  6. ReadingPAPhoto

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Steve - if you can't live by the group rules - go away. Into the killfile
    with you.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Sep 14, 2003
  7. ReadingPAPhoto

    Steve Wilbur Guest

    In article <yuN8b.1175$>, "Tony Spadaro"
    <> wrote:
    > Into the killfile with you.

    yes!! 4 billion killfiles to go!
    Steve Wilbur, Sep 14, 2003

    wrote:
    > > > It is important to respond properly to the for sale
    > > > notices here, otherwise this newsgroup might become overwhelmed with
    > > > many for sale notices.

    > > Yeah, wouldn't want THAT to happen. People might find something they

    want
    > > to buy. What a travesty THAT would be.

    JK's response is totally appropriate.

    The thing is, even if it's harmless to post an item for sale, the thing is
    that there's a time & place for everything, and if something doesn't belong
    then it doesn't belong, period.

    Example: I constantly, while attempting to play basketball on the basketball
    court at the public park, have to shoo off people (kids especially) doing
    things on the basketball court besides playing basketball. Sure, there's
    nothing wrong with skipping rope and riding bicycles, but NOT ON THE
    BASKETBALL COURT. Simple as that. Can't find somewhere else to do it? Tough.
    That's irrelevant. The basketball court is for playing basketball.
    ***Period.****

    Same here. There's nothing wrong with wanting to sell a Canon G3--heck, I
    might want one (though I am a Nikonian, proudly so--and so tend to shy away
    from Canons). But there is a newsgroup for that, so use that one. This
    newsgroup ain't it, ***period***
    Larry R Harrison Jr, Sep 14, 2003
  9. ReadingPAPhoto

    Steve Young Guest

    > > "JK" <> wrote
    > > That is what rec.photo.marketplace.digital. is for. I am also
    > > educating people about that newsgroup when making these posts.

    The sky is falling Chicken Little! (That's why I'm a Netkkkop;)

    > > > Steve Wilbur wrote:
    > > > Yeah, wouldn't want THAT to happen. People might find something
    > > > they want to buy. What a travesty THAT would be.

    > "Larry R Harrison Jr" <> wrote
    > JK's response is totally appropriate.

    > The thing is, even if it's harmless to post an item for sale, the thing is
    > that there's a time & place for everything, and if something doesn't belong
    > then it doesn't belong, period.

    > Example: I constantly, while attempting to play basketball on the basketball
    > court at the public park, have to shoo off people (kids especially) doing
    > things on the basketball court besides playing basketball. Sure, there's
    > nothing wrong with skipping rope and riding bicycles, but NOT ON THE
    > BASKETBALL COURT. Simple as that. Can't find somewhere else to
    > do it? Tough. That's irrelevant. The basketball court is for playing
    > basketball. ***Period.****

    Carrying your same analogy to relevance, let's say there is a group
    specifically for the discussion of digital cameras, i.e.
    alt.comp.periphs.dcameras. So what is that discussion doing here?

    There is also a specific group for the discussion of printers, i.e.
    comp.periphs.printers. Why is that discussion happening here?

    How about scanners? and picture techniques? Why can't people get it straight
    and play Basketball on the BASKETBALL COURT ? Next thing ya know, we will be
    over run with hundreds of posts a day ;)

    > Same here. There's nothing wrong with wanting to sell a Canon G3--heck, I
    > might want one (though I am a Nikonian, proudly so--and so tend to shy
    > away from Canons). But there is a newsgroup for that, so use that one.
    > This newsgroup ain't it, ***period***

    Have you ever seen how much discussion, concerning vendors and such, gets
    discussed through these posts? Do you also tell people in the For Sale groups
    to take their buying discussion to a discussion group? afterall, this is a For
    Sale group PERIOD! To be honest about your text, you need to be working both
    sides of the fence.

    Steve Young
    Steve Young, Sep 14, 2003
  10. ReadingPAPhoto

    JK Guest

    Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:

    > "JK" <> wrote in message
    > > That is what rec.photo.marketplace.digital. is for. I am also educating

    > people
    > > about that newsgroup when making these posts.
    > >
    > > Steve Wilbur wrote:

    > > > Yeah, wouldn't want THAT to happen. People might find something they

    > want
    > > > to buy. What a travesty THAT would be.

    > JK's response is totally appropriate.
    >
    > The thing is, even if it's harmless to post an item for sale, the thing is
    > that there's a time & place for everything, and if something doesn't belong
    > then it doesn't belong, period.

    When someone sees a for sale notice here, they might be encouraged
    to post their for sale notice here.

    JK, Sep 14, 2003
  11. ReadingPAPhoto

    blech Guest

    (Steve Wilbur) wrote in message news:<ultramafic-1309031153360001@192.168.0.101>...
    > In article <>, JK <> wrote:
    > > For sale notices are not allowed here. This is a discussion group.
    > > For sale notices should be placed in rec.photo.marketplace.digital.

    > Oh please. It was clearly labeled FS in the subject. If you don't want to
    > read his message, don't read it. Leave the poor man alone.

    You gotta love how a single FS post is now taking on a life of it's own.

    It will grow and grow due to the very people who protest such posts.
    What idiots they are. Had they simply set their filters for FS/FA, they
    never would have seen it and they could direct their pent up anger at
    Annika or some other percieved antagonist. Instead they comment and draw
    out those who do not oppose such posts and on and on it goes. Had they
    had filters properly set, or simply just ignored it, it would just
    sit by itself, a benign little post, not worthy of opening. Now we see
    a FS post with 20 replies and want to see what the fuss is about so we
    jump in too. There must be something else besides a FS if the thread
    is growing. Now it's getting even bigger. For the OP, many more see his/her
    ad then would have if the anti-FS/FA folks had simply showed some constraint.
    They accomplish the exact opposite of what they set out to do.

    The anti's are their own worst enema.
    blech, Sep 14, 2003
  12. ReadingPAPhoto

    blech Guest

    "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message news:<yuN8b.1175$>...
    > Steve - if you can't live by the group rules - go away. Into the killfile
    > with you.

    Oh boy, his life is going to be hell from here on out!

    The dreaded killfile. Give me a damn break. Nobody gives a rats ass
    who's in your killfile.

    blech, Sep 14, 2003
  13. ReadingPAPhoto

    Fran Guest

    Circuit City had it new for $419 a few weeks ago, many other stores bound to have
    it for that price and lower soon, why charging so much for a USED one?
    Fran, Sep 14, 2003
  14. ReadingPAPhoto

    Fran Guest

    Steve Wilbur wrote:

    > In article <>, JK <> wrote:
    > > For sale notices are not allowed here. This is a discussion group.
    > > For sale notices should be placed in rec.photo.marketplace.digital.

    > Oh please. It was clearly labeled FS in the subject. If you don't want to
    > read his message, don't read it. Leave the poor man alone.

    I agree.
    Fran, Sep 14, 2003
  15. ReadingPAPhoto

    Fran Guest

    Steve Wilbur wrote:

    > In article <>, JK <> wrote:
    > > It is important to respond properly to the for sale
    > > notices here, otherwise this newsgroup might become overwhelmed with
    > > many for sale notices.

    > Yeah, wouldn't want THAT to happen. People might find something they want
    > to buy. What a travesty THAT would be.

    As it is, no one is going to pay that much for a used camera when they can buy
    a new one for less.
    Fran, Sep 14, 2003
  16. ReadingPAPhoto

    Fran Guest

    > The dreaded killfile. Give me a damn break. Nobody gives a rats ass
    > who's in your killfile.

    How true!
    Fran, Sep 14, 2003
  17. ReadingPAPhoto

    Steve Wilbur Guest

    > It will grow and grow due to the very people who protest such posts.
    > What idiots they are. Had they simply set their filters for FS/FA, they
    > never would have seen it and they could direct their pent up anger at
    > Annika or some other percieved antagonist. Instead they comment and draw
    > out those who do not oppose such posts and on and on it goes. Had they
    > had filters properly set, or simply just ignored it, it would just
    > sit by itself, a benign little post, not worthy of opening. Now we see
    > a FS post with 20 replies and want to see what the fuss is about so we
    > jump in too. There must be something else besides a FS if the thread
    > is growing. Now it's getting even bigger. For the OP, many more see his/her
    > ad then would have if the anti-FS/FA folks had simply showed some constraint.
    > They accomplish the exact opposite of what they set out to do.

    amen brother!! it's SO EASY to filter posts based on having "FS" or "For
    Sale" in the subject line. But no, people would rather see them, CHOOSE to
    read them, and then bitch. Lame.
    Steve Wilbur, Sep 14, 2003
  18. ReadingPAPhoto

    Steve Wilbur Guest

    In article <>,
    (blech) wrote:
    > Oh boy, his life is going to be hell from here on out!
    >
    > The dreaded killfile. Give me a damn break. Nobody gives a rats ass
    > who's in your killfile.

    I've contacted my lawyer. He placed me in his kill file without due
    process and that's just wrong. We're going to sue for MILLIONS.
    Steve Wilbur, Sep 14, 2003