for Rita

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jufi, Feb 26, 2008.

  1. Jufi

    Jufi Guest

    Jufi, Feb 26, 2008

  2. Jufi

    jean Guest

    Like a horse with blinders, she will not reply.

    Jean

    PS I liked the "test", and as they said, both cameras are very capabale
    units, something lost to some people.

    v6Uwj.286$o23.252@trndny09...

    jean, Feb 27, 2008

  3. Jufi

    BobW Guest

    >> http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326811
    >>
    >> Sorry if this the third attempt, but I didn't want you to miss this
    >> one...

    > Like a horse with blinders, she will not reply.
    >
    > Jean
    >
    > PS I liked the "test", and as they said, both cameras are very capabale
    > units, something lost to some people.

    It is an interesting test. However, a guy I know pointed out (as described
    also in this forum),

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=26239502

    it's really just a comparison of the difference in pixel density between the
    two cameras, and both cameras have their respective "sweet spots".

    Bob
    BobW, Feb 27, 2008
  4. BobW wrote:

    > It is an interesting test. However, a guy I know pointed out (as
    > described also in this forum),
    >
    > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=26239502
    >
    > it's really just a comparison of the difference in pixel density
    > between the two cameras, and both cameras have their respective
    > "sweet spots".

    Yep! There are a lot of great points being brought up on dpreview. In all
    seriousness, one can really wake up the Mk III with decent glass, that's a
    fact. I know when I put my Nikkors on my Mk III the damn things were razor
    sharp. Funny thing is I have been reading a lot of Mk III owners are
    switching to the D3.

    Rita
    Rita Berkowitz, Feb 27, 2008
  5. Jufi

    Jufi Guest

    "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    > BobW wrote:
    >
    >> It is an interesting test. However, a guy I know pointed out (as
    >> described also in this forum),
    >>
    >> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=26239502
    >>
    >> it's really just a comparison of the difference in pixel density
    >> between the two cameras, and both cameras have their respective
    >> "sweet spots".

    > Yep! There are a lot of great points being brought up on dpreview. In
    > all
    > seriousness, one can really wake up the Mk III with decent glass, that's a
    > fact. I know when I put my Nikkors on my Mk III the damn things were
    > razor
    > sharp. Funny thing is I have been reading a lot of Mk III owners are
    > switching to the D3.

    And what bible is this printed in?

    As far as "waking up" the MIII, I guess those Canon teles must suck...
    Jufi, Feb 28, 2008
  6. Jufi wrote:

    >> BobW wrote:
    >>
    >>> It is an interesting test. However, a guy I know pointed out (as
    >>> described also in this forum),
    >>>
    >>> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=26239502
    >>>
    >>> it's really just a comparison of the difference in pixel density
    >>> between the two cameras, and both cameras have their respective
    >>> "sweet spots".

    >> Yep! There are a lot of great points being brought up on dpreview. In
    >> all
    >> seriousness, one can really wake up the Mk III with decent glass,
    >> that's a fact. I know when I put my Nikkors on my Mk III the damn
    >> things were razor
    >> sharp. Funny thing is I have been reading a lot of Mk III owners are
    >> switching to the D3.

    > And what bible is this printed in?

    Whatever one you want it to be in.

    > As far as "waking up" the MIII, I guess those Canon teles must suck...

    Ah.. Glad you asked, though using a different sock. As you are aware I did
    own the infamous 500/4L IS and yes it did suck. Very inexpensive compared
    to its Nikon counterpart, but it did suck so much that it was worth putting
    in the extra $2K for the Nikon.

    Rita
    Rita Berkowitz, Feb 28, 2008
  7. Jufi

    > Jufi wrote:

    >>> Yep! There are a lot of great points being brought up on dpreview. In
    >>> all
    >>> seriousness, one can really wake up the Mk III with decent glass,
    >>> that's a fact. I know when I put my Nikkors on my Mk III the damn
    >>> things were razor
    >>> sharp. Funny thing is I have been reading a lot of Mk III owners are
    >>> switching to the D3.

    >> And what bible is this printed in?

    > Whatever one you want it to be in.

    As I thought. Anecdotal; no real proof of anything.

    >> As far as "waking up" the MIII, I guess those Canon teles must suck...

    > Ah.. Glad you asked, though using a different sock. As you are aware I
    > did
    > own the infamous 500/4L IS and yes it did suck. Very inexpensive compared
    > to its Nikon counterpart, but it did suck so much that it was worth
    > putting
    > in the extra $2K for the Nikon.

    Can't wait to see your test results.

    No socks, just got bored of being "Kinon." Something I do every so often.
    Jufi, Feb 28, 2008