For refrence

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pete, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. pete

    pete Guest

    Hello all,

    After asking advice on a subject earlier this month, i had valuable
    informative responses, but i also had replies that seem to come from myself
    that i didnt post. After consulting my ISP they sent me the following links
    to try and check my system for trojans etc,

    There are many sites that offer free online virus scans. These sites are
    useful as they have up to date protection available. I have included a few
    links below that allow you to do such online scans:

    http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/products/housecall_pre.php
    <http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/products/housecall_pre.php>

    <http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm>
    <http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php>

    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ <http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/>

    www.symantec.com/cgi-bin/securitycheck.cgi
    <http://www.symantec.com/cgi-bin/securitycheck.cgi>

    <http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp>

    <http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspx>

    i hope these links can be of use to others and want to point out i do try to
    read more than post and thanks to the input of mike, gangle, trent and
    others i have solved a lot of probs on not only my pc but others, many
    thanks much appreciated.

    pete

    pete, Oct 19, 2004

  2. pete wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > After asking advice on a subject earlier this month, i had valuable
    > informative responses, but i also had replies that seem to come from myself
    > that i didnt post. After consulting my ISP they sent me the following links
    > to try and check my system for trojans etc,

    Get back to your ISP and tell them they seem to no nothing about computers.
    Replies in a newsgroup from "you" that you didn't post are the work of
    someone "trolling".

    (snip)

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Brian H¹© wrote:

    (snip)

    > Get back to your ISP and tell them they seem to no nothing about computers.

    er.... know

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Oct 20, 2004